Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Help me done my game

Hello
I need someone to help me finish my game because I'm a little noob but i have a lot of imagination so the game is getting good.

The bad thing is that i want to finish something and make it bigger and only someone that is good at rpg maker xp can finish it.

Also i recomend to the helper to first play the game and the fix it or maker it better.

PD: It'll not be my game only any more if someone helps me out. :biggrin:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NA8DQJ6S

well not really, I already made the 80% of the game but it has a problem at some of the final parts that I'll like to fix, then is up to you or anybody to make it bigger or not. The problem is fixing a morfin skill but idk how to

Idk because rather than let others finish it, I'll like to show it so they can tell me how is it so far...
and i had already try seen a morfin skill video and i cant fix it

Ok, right, out of curiosity, I tried your game, and I'm sorry to tell you, it's not a game. To start with, your main character is called . Secondly, I was dropped straight into the game with no way of knowing why I was there, where I was, what the hell I was doing, etc. When I started walking about, I walked straight from a greenland castle map into a snow filled plan, with no transition what so ever. Thirdly, how can you say your game is 80% done when you only have eight maps in the whole game? I know quantity is not really important, but that's ridicules.
So, my advice: Read lots of mapping tutorials, write down a proper storyline, get the characters sorted, get some better scripts and graphics in there that fit the style of your game, and you may be getting somewhere.

lol sorry that was the entry, idk how to fix that when you start the entry video you just need to click
enter to end it and start with the game, and also when you really start playing it is part of the story that you dont know how you got there or what you'r doing

It's called parrallel process. In the event editor, theres a panel at the bottom left of the main window that has a choice of options such as Action Button, Player Touch, etc. Parrallel process means the event will play out straight away with no help from the player.
Also, even if your character doesn't know where he is, you need some sort of introduuction. Just dropping the player into the game doesn't work.

I did. It took me about 1 and a half minutes. I can't really say much more because it's all just the default stuff. The battle system is terrible, and you haven't edited anything at all. Sorry to put you down. Your mapping of the temple thing at the start (interior) is pretty descent considering it's the RTP, but remember you can add fogs and screen tone to add effects. Again, also like I said, the ghrass leading straigfht into snow is impossible.

When I killed the giant linch thing. Game ended. Ok, do you want a full error report of your game? I'll do it if it'll help you, but really, you can't turn this game into anything anyone would want to play.

Wow, that's sensible. Just because I'm not pouring congratulations over your very first game doesn't mean you should go and sulk. Read some tutorials, look at other's games, and then you can improve.

The thing is that if it is that horrible, even if it have 92 maps of hard work and good story (in my criterium) i cant think about making another game. I could fix some parts of the game but not all thats my point.

Then do as I said and check out some mapping and storyline guide tutorials. If you look at other peoples games, you may get some ideas of how to flesh out your game (but don't copy), so it isn't as cliche.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.