Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hello!! I am quite new and curious :)

Hello all! I just recently discovered RPGmaking! XD and I am quite interested in creating an RPG game of my own since as a child I have always been a huge fan of RPG games back from PS1 (FF games and chrono games). I am very happy to have discovered all these, it's like a haven of creating your own beautiful story XDD

I also love how many RPG maker games here are done by many of you!! very nice and exciting!! xD

Anyway, just wanna ask you guys, what RPG making engine is really good nowadays? or what seems to be the newest and to be the most updated engine? Thankyou so much :D

Hi!

RPG Maker MV is the big one currently, and it's got a lot going for it - browser play, larger resolutions, complete access to the game code, etc.

Thankyou so much for the welcomes PrincessAmy and Perihelion! And yeah, I'm quite intrigued by MV now! it's looks interesting and fun! XDD Though currently I was only able to get my hands on RM2k3 and RMXP on steam x(( I still need to save up for MV Haha xDD

But still, I'm enjoying my experience with RM2k3 and RMXP, and I noticed that olders ones seem more noob friendly! xDD
I'm still thinking about getting myself MV soon though xDD

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.