Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hawke's Tale

Thanks everyone. I've gotten to do some more work on this, and though I haven't done much event scripting yet at all, the graphical department is coming along pretty nicely. This is the entrance to the fortress where you encounter the Embodiment of Malintent:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/ ... esswip.png[/IMG]
The hands on the right aren't quite done yet, but I'm working on that right now.

:O This looks very good. Is it all custom graphics? The rocks on the walls look abit pillow shaded and the slanted bits of wall look abit stretched : /
Good luck, I hope to be playing the demo soon.

It is all custom, Kaos. :)

But those aren't rocks on the wall, it's crystal shaved away to a smooth surface, similar to the look of a geode, so what you saw as rocks were just patterns in the crystal with lighter or darker hues. There is, in fact, no "shading" on the forward facing panel of the wall at all, just pattern.

As for the demo though Kaos, I'm going take my time getting it together. There is still a huge volume of work to do on this thing, mostly because all of the graphics will be custom, in and out of battle, so I wouldn't expect it very soon if I were you. This project is also for my own enjoyment, so I don't feel the need to rush the release of a demo. However, I might release a little teaser sometime soon, to keep people appetized.

Hah, you know I'll be looking forward to this. Though I kind of wish you had been able to finish Gaia, This game looks even better. Will you be releasing a demo?

Maybe a teaser, but not a full fledged demo any time soon. Good to see you back though Erichermit. I haven't seen you around in a while. And I'm glad you bumped this up, because I have a little update to show off. It's not much yet, but I'm making an underworld map for the Cleft of Darkness right now. This is my progress at the moment:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/ ... review.png[/IMG]
As you can see, I only just started, and this is only the top half of the world map, but it's some form of progress I suppose.

Hah that's a cool idea.

Whoops, I was wrong. Hawke still is pointing, lol.

BTW Arcanum, the face in your avatar looks EXACTLY (And I mean EXACTLY) like a person I know from school. The resemblance is remarkable!

The fortresses are the places where the most powerful Embodiments live. The red building towards the top is the Fortress of Malintent, for example.

@Redattacker: Am I missing something? Who's MJ?

Anyway, I've gotten significant progress on the underworld map, so as soon as I finish a tiny bit more, I'll show it.

I have realized that. The font I use for that doesn't have one, so I'm thinking I'll edit one in, but I don't quite consider it a priority yet.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.