Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Haveing few problems with RMXP.

Hey all, well ill go straight up to the point...i have a problem with a ADS script.
Ive putted it in the script editor and everything and its works with no problems...
But i dont know how to make monsters after i used the ADS script (i mean like close combat)....
So does anyone know how to make them?
THX ALOT.

WTF!?! why cant anyone answer!!?!? i just wanna know how in the hell i CREAT monsters after i USED ADS script!

First of all: How are we supposed to know which battle system you are using? You give no names or anything, which is required if you want an answer. Secondly, bumping is only allowed after 72 hours.

Ok im sorry guys...heres the thing i downloaded the script in a RAR folder...so hes "How to Insert":
This method is the easiest but I'd only recommend for people who have the
official english version of RPG Maker XP. Otherwise it my not work correctly.

All you have to do is copy Scripts.rxdata into your game project's data folder.
Overwrite the current Scripts.rxdata thats already in that folder.
and here;s the script download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/65568073/Scripts.rxdata

Anonymous

I know, it isn't the speed.

Problem loading page - connection has timed out.

[EDIT] It's ok, Rapidshare link is now working, I have it now.

[EDIT]
I just realized you meant ABS, did you get the how to use file with the script?

[I have reported myself for a double post :(] (been fixed, thank you :))

(Press F5 to refresh the page you are watching, to see if there is any new posts)

If you haven't read the ~~how to use~~ file then here,
http://www.mediafire.com/?azjvhwe19tm
it explains how to make the enemies near the end of the page.

Anonymous

No problem, weird isn't it, seems like all upload sites aren't working today.

Adding Monsters onto the battle field
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To add a monster create an event where you wish to have that monster placed.
Just like how you use message commands (example. \n[1] will show the actor 1 name)
The events do the same thing except I'm using the event's name.

In the name of the event you can type any of the following commands:

\m[n] = Event stats will be replaced with stats from Monster #n. (required for monster)

\w[n] = Event weapon will be holding Weapon #n.

\a[n] = Event ai movement will be set to #n
AI Movement Types:
0 = Does only predefined movements
1 = If sees an enemy then stands still.
2 = Moves toward enemy. (default)
3 = Moves away from targets till it's just in range of attack (good for long range enemys)
4 = Runs away from enemys

\t[n] = Event ai targeting will be set to #n
AI Target Types:
0 = Targets no one
1 = Targets player with lowest hp in sight
2 = Targets player with most hp in sight
3 = Targets player thats closest (default)
4 = #Targets user controlled player

\s[n] = Event AI Sight Range. The higher the number the longer the distance the monster is capable of seeing you. (default=10 tiles away)

* = The * symbol is for events that are not monsters, but you want the event to only be triggered when you attack it with a weapon/magic or item.

Anonymous

It just doesn't want to work, but I remember I really great ABS script my Mr.Mo, although it uses the SDK (better, it makes scripts more compatible) it has a demo, click on the save-file link, and skip the advert when it comes up and download the demo.

http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=11685&mode=threaded&pid=142215

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but this script is weird.

P.S: With the SDK you have to paste all new script below the SDK but above main.

Its cool dude you helped alot but how i use Mr.Mo script? can you give me specific directions?

Edit: i downloaded the script and it gives me a weird game inside with skeletones XP what to do( daammm im dumb.)

Anonymous

Yes, that is the demo, double click on all events to check how he setup battling, oh and you press the S key to use you weapon.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.