Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Halp! Two-Player Games Needed!

Hai hai!

Star and I have "exhausted" our multi-player games together. We would totally do other things together, but we seem to not know what.

I'm not quite familiar with long-term multi-player games out there, so I thought I'd get suggestions from you all. Fighting/Wrestling games do not count. :P We're also not totally into FPS's, either. >>

As for consoles/systems we have:
* Two PS3s
* Two XBox 360s
* One Wii
* One "Gaming" PC
* One PS2
* Two PSPs
* One N64
* One SNES
* Two Laptops (a Netbook/a 2007 year)

Multi-player games we have played:
* Tales games (as much as we can!)
* Champions of Norrath/Return to Arms
* Classic Doom
* Left4Dead 1 & 2 (I'm sick of zombies right now, however)
* Final Fantasy XI and XIV (no money for subs now, though)
* All 3 Donkey Kong Country games
* Eternal Sonata
* Fable 2 & 3
* Hexen
* Phantasy Star Portable Online 2 (Not totally into playing this because it's on a handheld)
* Resident Evil 5 (eh...)
* Secret of Mana (we should beat this!)

Well, thanks for any suggestions! :D

PC Multiplayer classic right here;
http://lf2.net/

It's a fighter but don't rule it out, it's not like street-fighter hard core exclusive club it's relatively simplistic and very charming.

Spent many hours playing that game with my friends and family, both on a local machine and network.
Make sure you read the readme because it contains combo information on the characters.

Fusty

Sponsor

Took a quick peek into my Steam library:

- Magicka
- FORCED
- Lord of the Rings War in the North
- Borderlands 1 and 2 (I know you said you're not that into FPS's but I can definitely recommend these)
- Half Life 2, can be played co-op if you also download Synergy on Steam.
- Saints Row the Third / Saints Row IV
- Sanctum / Sanctum 2
- Dungeon Defenders
- Starbound
- Terraria
- Titan Quest
- Torchlight II (If you can get it to work, I had major issues with connecting to my friend. You might be able to do local co-op though)
- Trine 1 / Trine 2

Also for SNES or an emulator, since you've been playing Secret of Mana you might wanna check out Seiken Densetsu 3 as well.

@Xilef
I have a feeling Star doesn't like beat-um-ups since we have some in the Sega Genesis Collection, and he never suggested playing them. I'm not sure, though. :P

@Fusty
Nice, a list! Why are all the cool RPG Multi-player games on the PC? ;_;

These cannot be played since we only have ONE PC capable of gaming:
- Magicka, FORCED, Sanctum 1&2, Titan Quest, Torchlight 2

Will check out:
- LotR:War in the North
- Saints Row the Third/Saints Row IV (hopefully it's my thing)
- Starbound (when it hits PS3, according to Wiki)
- Terraria
- Trine

Miscellanous:
- Borderlands (was not a fan of the slutty-gothic chick named "Lilith")
- Dungeon Defenders (Star said the characters looked dumb >>)

@Amy
What a cute game! I used to play Army Men 3D. :P

Re5 is the best coop game I have played. It's really great if you play it on veteran with a friend.

Diablo 3 is coming out with the console expansion soon.

Princess Amy":3vhau9kv said:
Me and my sister got absolutely hooked on Hot Wheels World Race that came with our PS2, but I doubt anyone else would like it!
My younger brother was playing that earlier this year, I played that when I was younger too :D

Fusty

Sponsor

These cannot be played since we only have ONE PC capable of gaming:
- Magicka, FORCED, Sanctum 1&2, Titan Quest, Torchlight 2

Magicka and FORCED have local co-op, so as long as you have two controllers you should be able to play them on one pc~

Melanii":l0v7yoe6 said:
@Xilef
I have a feeling Star doesn't like beat-um-ups since we have some in the Sega Genesis Collection, and he never suggested playing them. I'm not sure, though. :P
I implore you to just give it a little try, it's not like any other beat'em-ups out there

EDIT: Chrome flags it as malicious as it comes with a stupid web toolbar, it's a safe program but watch out as the first part of the installer attempts to install the toolbar, just hit skip.

Spoo

Sponsor

Monaco: What's Yours is Mine for PC. It's a fun little top down stealth game with solid mechanics and a great aesthetic. Has up to 4-played co-op or competitive...don't know for certain about local MP.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.