Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

GubiD's Tactical Battle system battle process win/lose help

Hi, I am currently working on a gladiator type arena game using RMXP with the latest version of GTBS. I'm making it straight from the demo so all the defaults are the same. I have the victory and failure common event set, or rather, the default common event 1 and 2. I'm not sure what that does, but my question is: How can I use the battle processing's if win/if lose feature? For example, I want to be able to gain gold or items (and ultimately increase a variable or two increasing the party's fame score in the arena) but when I have tested it and put increase gold by 50, then won the turn based battle and return to wandering around the map, my gold is the same, and the 50 has not been added. In short, the event line I am putting there is not being triggered for some reason. I have been looking all over the web and reading the help file with GTBS but can't figure this one out. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.