Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Good little script for noobs.

Alright this script just changes the timer's color and font.

1. go into the scripts section of your game and hit the Sprite_Timer script.
2. Go down to line 15.
3. Change Arial to whatever font you want.
4. Click Ok.

1. go into the scripts section of your game and hit the Sprite_Timer script.
2. go down to line 49.
3. See the "(-255, -255, -255)? change those to the correct hues you want. For example, if you want the timer to be black, change it to (255, 255, 255) If you are unsure of the hue, test out different things.
4. Click OK.

I hope that was special to you noobs.

Ummmm. Just a question, would this also work on messages if you did it in RGSS message Script, Because the last time I used a timer was over a year ago.

ljackstar":3qcw9sbw said:
Ummmm. Just a question, would this also work on messages if you did it in RGSS message Script, Because the last time I used a timer was over a year ago.

If you want to change the font for messages, put in:

Code:
Font.default_name = "Your font's name"

while replacing the "Your font's name" with the font you want in main, right below begin.

If you want to change the color, you'd have to put in
Code:
Font.default_color = [color you want]

These are more instructions than a script, but...

Is it me or does the TC come of like a jerk? It sounds like he thinks he is doing everyone a big favor by telling us this.

kaze950":3jj2sodf said:
These are more instructions than a script, but...

Is it me or does the TC come of like a jerk? It sounds like he thinks he is doing everyone a big favor by telling us this.

Nope I agree with you there...

Noob - someone that lacks intellegance or common sense, most people think that noob is a word used only in the online gaming world, but in reality it is becoming an ever popular word with teenage society.

Newb - A term used to describe a inexperienced gamer/person/etc. Unlike a noob, a newb is someone who actually wants to get better.

People need to expand their vocabulary.

But honestly it's not like this is very difficult, and it isn't a script at all but instructions. Useful none the less though.

This is pretty pointless. I mean how hard is it to read. I figured out how to change stuff like that just by looking at scripts.

Calling everyone noobs is acting like you are better than them, when you really are not. Seriously man, did you need to call people noobs to get your point across. This board is for helping people, and if you want to post a script or mod or whatever, you should at least do it with some honour. All you are doing is making yourself look like a noob.

Look at all the respected scripters in this community, people like SephirothSpawn who have literally hundreds of scripts on this site. Did they call anyone who is worse than them at scripting a noob - if they did i would have given up learning RGSS years ago. The idea of posting work here is to contribute to the community, but offending new users/newbs (even though you are a new user/newb yourself, you have only just been here 2 weeks) only takes away from the community.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.