Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

game type in the RPG Maker

I was wondering if anyone knew if you can change game type in the RPG Maker. I want to try and make a game like Ib, Corpse Party or Mad Father, etc. But the only types of items that there are available are armors, swords, gun, etc. And it has hp, magic power, spells, attacks, and so on. It's like it's only based on making fighting games. I'm more interested in making a horror adventure game, not a fighting one. Does anyone know if this can be changed?

There are probably more survival horror games made in rpg maker than actual rpgs. You can do just about anything with events. Even make custom menus and displays using pictures.

Most horror games take place in a small area, a house or town. So naturally they take less time to make. You can throw the database out the window. You don't even need a menu really. All you need is some save points, and a maze of hallways and puzzle rooms.
I haven't heard of the games you listed, so I don't know what more you're expecting out of the game play. But we can point you to the right tutorials, scripts, or whatever to help you build the game you want.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.