Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Edifice

[Full Game/Demo?] Edifice - Rest up, buttercup...

Edifice_Logo01.png

Your mission: escape the Edifice without dying.
Sounds simple enough - but you have limited Energy, no healing abilities, and an entire gauntlet of enemies waiting to slaughter you. Have fun!

Edifice is a hybrid jRPG/roguelike with a lot of characters and not a lot of healing. That 2,500 HP on each of your sixteen party members? Make it last.

Bosses are no longer about creaming them, then resting up at town and buying new supplies. Dungeons are no longer about wiping out monsters with UltraFlareGiga and popping an Ether. No, you must strategize to form the best party for an area, then take down enemies as efficiently as possible. Protection is as important as a solid offense if you hope to survive.

The good news:
-Customize dungeon runs to fit your preferred difficulty
-Sixteen playable characters you can equip and upgrade as you please
-Keep making runs to start getting better loot
-Fend off powerful and giant bosses, each with some sort of nasty trick up their sleeve for you to thwart

Are you ready to face the Edifice?

Carniflora_Plant.png

DOWNLOAD

Well, this is it! The Edifice "demo." It's really a full game, in a sense - you can do quite a few runs, buy some stuff, talk to Demons, get your posterior Oblivion Fisted. At the same time, it's only a taste of the features, enemies and dungeon types that will be in the full release sometime this autumn.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy it.

I'll be leaving shortly after the 17th, so if you want me to hear your opinions, play it now! Review it! To get two runs done should take about seven hours, although there's easily ~15+ hours of gameplay in this demo (!!!).

Squirrel_Mook.png

Known Issues:
-The hub (Shrine of Equinox) is pretty hideous. Sorry!
-Demons only have one thing to chat about
-Score, and the special runs you can purchase with it, are not implemented
-When an ally is replaced upon death/Czarina, there is an odd graphical glitch with pop-ups; it will not hurt the game in any way
-Shop interface is kind of nasty, but very functional/understandable
-The Essence interface works just fine, but needs some tweaking/prettifying
-Souls are not in. That slot in the equip menu does nothing! You'll earn them in the full release as achievements, and they will be associated with specific characters

Nothing major, really! Have fun dying a lot, mmkay?

Godstopper_Dragon.png

Screenshots:

Ruinous_Vulcan_Lair.png

One of the two potential final bosses. Are you ready to tackle the Edifice?

Wayward_Shrine.png

You'll visit the Wayward Shrine of Medusa to save your game

In_Praise_of_Peace.png

Cast Judgment for area Light damage - in praise of peace, I'm sure

More:

Jesses_Lame_Joke.png

Sometimes, Jesse makes lame comebacks

Putrid_Ochre.png

Oh, you know, just enfeebling some animated scimitars and some flame minions, no big

Skills_In_My_Party_Menu.png

Skills? In MY party menu?

Dracolichophobia.png

You can ask Nadia and Olsen for advice on what you're facing on this floor

Paradisio_Ulyssa.png

Your characters have stats

Lair_of_Witchery.png

Tethelba's Lair of Witchery is an abandoned mine turned into, well, a lair of witchery

Telekinesis.png

I know that dagger isn't actually in his hand

Celebrina_of_the_Night.png

Celebrina of the Night: those flames take damage for her - tricky!

BunBuns.png

There are midbosses. This one is Mookie

IceCaveBoss01.png

DOWNLOADhttp://rpgmaker.net/games/3135/

Credits:
Battlers - etolier, relaypoint
Sprites - relaypoint
Music - Newgrounds, greentone
Code - Yanfly, Shanghai, Craze, worale
Please do not copy scripts out of the project. They are almost all heavily edited by Craze and will not work in your project! Do steal my BEM III snippets, though - a lot of them are commented for you to steal! Put enchantments like Mirror or Lifelink in your game! Sweet!

Rest up, buttercup...

This looks really neat. I love the way that you seem to do your battle system, its something different and it sounds a lot more strategic than a traditional system. Your battlers are super cute as well though I think that you should maybe make your characters match the enemies. Either way, they are super neat. I will download this later and see how it is. This looks very nicely done.

Damn this looks good!
I will download it, later...
Just one question though, If a party member dies, what happens to them?
are they dead forever?
or can you somehow revive them?

I played it and really liked it, but it seems a bit to long to be a roguelike. If it's going to be a rogue like, it shouldn't take 6-8 turns of 6 characters attacking to finish a battle. You need to nerf health on both sides, and maybe have a way to resurrect or at least heal party members? Pacing is the key issue here in my opinion.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.