Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Forever's End

[FULL] Forever's End: Episode One

titlezjx.png

Forever's End

gem.PNG
Voted RMN's Most Promising Demo of 2010 Misao
gem.PNG

In the world of Linguardia, the nations of Rikalia and Dorent are the reigning powers. Although both leaders have been at peace for centuries, a dark cloud is on the horizon. King Richard, leader of the Rikalian Empire, has recently lost his wife and daughter to a pack of demons. Now, his mind twisted from grief, Richard is on a quest for domination. His plan: to harness the power of the six legendary crystals, which, according to scriptures, will bestow the wielder with unimaginable powers if brought together. With Richard on a path of destruction to collect the crystals, war seems inevitable.

Players take control of Epoch Lander, Captain of Richard's Dragon Knights, an elite force within the Rikalian Empire. However, when Epoch begins questioning the morals behind Richard's actions, he is arrested for treason and sentenced to death. With his head full of unanswered questions, Epoch must decide whether to accept his fate or fight for what he believes to be the greater good: even if it means fighting alone.

..:: FEATURES ::..

- A vast number of different playable characters, each with their own unique battle skills.
- Consistent graphical style, borrowing mainly from the Treasure of the Rudras.
- Capture monsters and use their skills against your opponents in battle.
- A compendium to keep track of all the monsters you've scanned and captured
- A well-crafted story with strong character development.
- Approximately 15-20 hours of gameplay for Episode One depending on how many of the sidequests you do.
- A magnificent soundtrack, featuring a large repertoire of songs by Yoshitaka Hirota and Yasunori Mitsuda.
- Beautifully drawn, comic-style cutscenes by the talented boobledeeboo

..:: SCREENS ::..

screenshot1b.png
orlinnighttime.PNG
transformed.png
currenttitle.png
newbattle.png
centraltram.png

..:: RECEPTION ::..

Forever's End has received a total of 14 positive reviews on RMN, making it one of the most reviewed game on the site (although some of these reviews are for older versions). It is also currently the most subscribed game on the site. You can read these reviews by checking the homepage here:

Forever's End Reviews :: rpgmaker.net

Here are some quotes from people who have reviewed the game:

"Forever's End appealed to everything I love about RPG's...I couldn't recommend it enough." - Little Wing Guy

"It has a genuinely gripping storyline, and I cannot wait for the next installment of this game...I literally want it right now, and if you play this game, you'll see why... " - Fallen-Griever

"{Forever's End} has some spectacular and engaging characters and dialogue to make for a compelling game experience." - Solitayre

"...this game is great and is on my list of most wanted games. It's a must try." - Tyranos

"Seriously...this game is pure sexual magic." - Feldschlacht IV

..:: DOWNLOAD ::..

Forever's End: Episode One

..:: CREDITS ::..

Character Sprites and Graphics
Treasure of the Rudras
Magi

Map Design
Little Wing Guy
Lennon
Rei~
Ultima187

Music
Yasunori Mitsuda
Junya Nakano
Motoi Sakuraba
Yoshitaka Hirota
Nobuo Uematsu
Shiro Sagisu

Custom Song
Remember~ - Alex Amana

Custom Artwork
boobledeeboo

Beta Testers
Little Wing Guy
Linkforce
boobledeeboo
Zadok83
Rei~

..:: CUSTOM ART ::..

All custom art, including comic-style cutscenes and facesets, is drawn by boobledeeboo.

Click for examples:

elisebdy.png
beachkt.png
flame21.PNG
scene2b.png

..:: NOTES ::..

I'm posting this here because it's gotten a pretty good reception on RMN, and I believe any RPG fan should check it out. If you encounter any fatal bugs or glitches, or just want to critique or suggest something, don't hesitate to inform me.

If you want a more indepth look at game progress, you can check out the game profile at RMN:

Gamepage :: rpgmaker.net

I hope you all will check it out!

Wow this game is definitely worth playing. I'll play... downloading right now =) I'll edit or post my thoughts on this. Good job with the mapping. Love the lighting in that town.

Okay, you must've completed all the battle events before making enemy groups, right? From what I've played, you've added a lot of cool additions to the DBS and all of them seem involved.

udivision":31s4l3d7 said:
Okay, you must've completed all the battle events before making enemy groups, right? From what I've played, you've added a lot of cool additions to the DBS and all of them seem involved.

Haha, I wish I had thought that far ahead. Nah, a lot of these battle events were added after I had made the monster groups set up (which resulted in a whole lot of editing).

shreak johnson":d5r8tvxn said:
Man I would love this so much more if it had an OST. Looks great so far man.

Then you'll be happy to hear that Forever's End is finally getting its own original soundtrack!

I'm receiving help from a really talented composer by the name of Jose Moreno, aka CastorOnline, who has offered to help me for a very reasonable price. Jose is a Mexican composer whose experience includes transcribing partitures, making arrangements for school orchestra, composing the Chrono Trigger Medley performed in cafe iguanas at 2009, composing many themes for various independent games, and composing music for local filmmakers (short films). I was really impressed with his style after listening to his older works; and seeing as I was looking for a composer for my game, I decided to snatch him up before some other user got the chance. In less than a week, he's already finished four songs for me, and I think they're fantastic.

Here are three songs that he has already composed for the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgxZJwlroOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg8liefsFdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7iqYMK6Wvg

You can check out every song he's composed for Forever's End by clicking HERE and get updates when Jose posts new songs by subscribing to his video page HERE.

I've also gone ahead and created an OST tab on RMN's main gamepage that has all of the songs he's created for FE, which I will update periodically. I'm really happy with what he has composed so far, and I look forward to continue working with him. I've heard a lot of people say that my game's music was too recognizable and could really improve from a custom soundtrack. Hopefully, these new songs will help improve the game's image and its originality in the eyes of the player.

In addition, Jose is also making his own RPG Maker game in VX called Emerald Chronicles: Castor Wars. It isn't currently in English, but the main characters are beavers, and that should be enough incentive for any gamer. You can check it out HERE.

Let's all show Jose some love.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.