Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FMOD Ex Audio Module Rewrite

This script is quite good.
But when I use this script. It'll shut my game down automatically and randomly.

Sometimes notthing happen, sometimes it's crashed.

No any error reporting when it crashed. (All of sudden)
Before I use this script It's fine.

In my opinion. I think when change a map it'll loads a BGM. and it'll cause something I don't know about what makes the game down.
If you can help, it'd be appreciated. Because FModEx makes Vorbis Codecs run fast at start.

Thanks a lot. :D

Well, it's hard to tell what's wrong if it doesn't give you any errors. No one else reported such a problem, so it could be caused by your hardware or by another script you are using.

Does the demo work for you? Could you add more maps to the demo and see if you still get the error? If you do then it's probably a problem with your computer. If you don't, then it's a problem with your game. If it's a problem with your game, copy the scripts.rxdata from your game's data folder and overwrite the one in the demo's folder, and see if you get that error, if so, send me the demo along with your the new scripts rxdata so I could try to see what caused the problem. You could also send me your game file, but it's not required if you could recreate the bug in the demo.

Okay.. maybe im stupid... or not paying attention.. but how do i set up loop points exactly?
And can i add different loop points for different songs like.. say regular battle music then boss battle music?

I read back up a bit and you said something about instructions.. what instructions?
Are the instructions in the scripts themselves?
If they are i did not get them.. i read through but without and example on how to loop like say a MP3 in the demo i wont know how... so... if
if it is not too much trouble i was wondering if you could explain it to me?

I mean is it done with a call script?
This is all pertaining to MP3s by the way lol.. trying to get some songs to have loop points...

:cry: I tried everything, but my ogg file does not want to loop... I enter the start and length position in milliseconds but it still does not work...Is there a way to fix that? :psy:

Atoa

Thanks man, i cant stand the music fading out in the middle of battles xD

Cowlow, what abou adding an module where people could set the bgm name and looping settings?

something like.

Code:
module Loop

Loop_Settings = {}

Loop_Settings["Filename"] = [10000,20000]

end

then add an method on the bmg_play method to check if the filename matchs with one of the indexes of Loop::Loop_Settings, so people can automatically sets the loops, instead of having to always make an script call for that. (in fact i will do that for my game xD)

Something like this on the Game_System fix:
Code:
  def bgm_play(bgm, pos = 0)

@playing_bgm = bgm

if bgm != nil and bgm.name != ""

Audio.bgm_play("Audio/BGM/" + bgm.name, bgm.volume, bgm.pitch, pos)

else

Audio.bgm_stop

end

if Loop::Loop_Settings[bgm] != nil

FMod::bgm_set_loop_points(Loop::Loop_Settings[bgm][0],Loop::Loop_Settings[bgm][1]) 

end

Graphics.frame_reset

end

Atoa":3jls7d8a said:
Thanks man, i cant stand the music fading out in the middle of battles xD

Cowlow, what abou adding an module where people could set the bgm name and looping settings?

something like.

then add an method on the bmg_play method to check if the filename matchs with one of the indexes of Loop::Loop_Settings, so people can automatically sets the loops, instead of having to always make an script call for that. (in fact i will do that for my game xD)

Yeah that's a good idea. What I wanted to do was read special ogg tags to determine the loop points like RMVX does (I think) but I never got around to it.

With that said, I haven't touched RMXP in ages, and I don't see myself making any updates with this script for the foreseeable future. Which is a shame because I think it still has a couple of bugs that need ironing out.

Necropost: Does anyone still offer support to this script?

There's an issue with volume in this script where it's louder than usual.

Looks like the link is dead again. sorry for the resurrection~ But your link keeps bringing me to that "GoDaddy" website... >.>

I really don't want to give up on this script because it was exactly what I needed to make bgm loop points. But I am having a very similar problem to what plugz reported. Sudden game crashes without any error message given. I cannot be 100% certain that the FModex script is the cause of it, but given that I did not have this problem before installing the script, and given that there are always sound effects playing at the time of the crash, this script is my best suspect in a very difficult investigation.

The problem comes up out of the blue and it seems impossible to reproduce it even from a recent save file, making me wonder if something subtle about the state of the music being played is involved somehow. I might go hours without it happening and then boom, the game will quit without any explanation. I've searched through all my code to be certain I didn't leave an Exit call in a stupid place. What else could cause an RMXP game to quit without an error message?

I am having hell wrapping my head around this script, i'm used to setting loop points how i would for OGG audio in RPG Maker VX Ace... using audacity to set up the LOOPSTART and LOOPLENGTH.
I did that for this scripts, and it's not reading it.
Then i noticed their is something about.. setting it up script wise, but their are no instructions on how it's done.
Has anyone figured out how to use this thing?
This is the second time i have posted on this thread requesting information, and the last time my post was ignored.
It would be most useful if i could get this script working like i want.
Has support and updates for this script be abandoned?

Mikepjr":6x0frt52 said:
I am having hell wrapping my head around this script, i'm used to setting loop points how i would for OGG audio in RPG Maker VX Ace... using audacity to set up the LOOPSTART and LOOPLENGTH.
I did that for this scripts, and it's not reading it.
Then i noticed their is something about.. setting it up script wise, but their are no instructions on how it's done.
Has anyone figured out how to use this thing?
This is the second time i have posted on this thread requesting information, and the last time my post was ignored.
It would be most useful if i could get this script working like i want.
Has support and updates for this script be abandoned?

There are instructions in the script:
# Aside from integration with RMXP's default scripts, you can use
# this script the same way you used the old Audio class You could also
# access the FMod module for more options at a lower level, such as
# setting loop points (FMod.bgm_set_loop_points(first, second) in
# milliseconds) and getting current BGS position (FMod.bgs_position) to
# name a few.

Furthermore, if you took the time to go through this thread:
Right after you play the BGM, add this script FMod::bgm_set_loop_points(start, -1) where start is the start of the part after the intro (and you can change the -1 to specify end of loop too, -1 means the end of the loop is the end of the BGM) in milliseconds (1 second = 1000 milliseconds), so if you figure out where exactly the loop start happens you could emulate that feature.
http://www.arpgmaker.com/viewtopic.php?p=541912#p541912

So the only way to set loop points is to do it through scripting. There is no support for OGG tags.

With that said, support and updates for this script are pretty much abandoned. But if you do have questions feel free to ask and I or someone else would try to answer them.

I'm basically trying to set it up to work during battles and have proper looping... but so far the thing seems to only be useful for map music.
By the way, i did noticed and read those things.. i just can't seem wrap my head around it, their does not seem to be an example.... i'm one of those guys who basically has to have things pointed out in detail.. otherwise i don't get it...

I have been looking for a long time for something like this and I can't find it anywhere else, however both the links no longer work

If you could update the one or both of the links I would love you forever

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.