Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FAITH

This is my new project, called Faith...

Alvor, 1483

After the Big War between the three main races, humans, elfs and goblins, the world is a peaceful place.
Recovering from the war, people heard about one legend: Ancient Gods created a hidden power in some church that could control people’s fellings, consequently controlling the world.

Some years later, when everything was fine, a big fire rock collides with the world.

Hundreds of deaths...

Goblins blamed elfs by their magical powers. AND THE BIG WAR RESTARTED.

More deaths...

People start looking after the power, some to control the world, others to stop the war.

200 years have passed...

...And nothing has been found...

Today is Faust’s birthday, the village is preparing a party, everything is fine. Faust lives with his father and his brother, both are forgers. At dinner time, when the party was almost over, the village was attacked by goblins, who killed and destroyed everything.
Faust’s father died. He and his brother Korzack have survived.

Goblins attacked because someone told them that village had proves of the legendary power. Someone was wrong. Or just tried to get away Goblins' attention.

Now, starts your adventure, Faust and Korzack with two main quests: Revenge and take the legendary power to recover peace to their world.

Sounds cliché? No... Many surprises will apear...

Interactive NPC’s: They will talk with you diferently by the weather, quests or actions
Unique ABS system
Unique HUD system
Original Minigames

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/673/igrejarl3.png[/IMG]
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5415 ... as3bm4.png[/IMG]
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1010 ... rioks4.png[/IMG]

Balmung Z
DjRodrix
Deke
Near Fantastica
Ccoa
Dubealex
Mãe
Pai

DEMO:
Faith Tech Demo Version 2 (Bugs Fixed)

Critics, please...

D3SDRUB4L":3ldmjg9l said:
Cliché? No... Many surprises will apear...
Then why did you fail writing a proper opening?

The sceenshots don't look to promising either, consider mapping tutorials, outdoor ones mostly. Though Marc's seems to have dissapaered and I can't really recommend you something, it has to be possible to do better than this.

I'll give the demo a shot sometime later.

The story isn't really anything amazing, but I look for how well it gets executed in game. I hope it will be worth it. As you said I will look for these many surprises.

You're mapping is average. It doesn't suck, but it's not a marvel to look at, and for some reason the screen shots looks really umm clear and contrasted. I don't know what it is though...

@TCoFA
There's always Cos' tutorial, or Arramon.

Hey Bro.
Finally you posted here.

Story

It's okay. It has some small mistakes, but I've sent you the correction. It doesn't sounds that cliché. But it isn-t that great.

Features

Original stuff is always good. Go for it.

Screenshots

Some have errors. First, the church is too damn small, even if the village is small, the churches are never that small. Second, there are two errors with the cliffs, if you look with attention you'll see what I am talking. Third, it's too plain and simple, give it some natural look.

Tech Demo

Amazingly easy, and I haven't used skills. I loved that battle system, it reminds me Umbral Wake + Wonder V3.

Overall

Nice project that could work out with totally custom graphics and some plot revisions.

The maps aren't too bad considering others that have been presented with recently, it's just the random placement of some objects is just... too random.

Like the shrubs in the second picture, they would either be planted by humans, and therefore have some form of formation, or grow wildly, and in this case they would grow in clusters.

In the bottom screen, singular colourful plants would not be likely in nature. The tree's are too evenly spread apart, it would also help to use the different grass autotiles to give the ground a little more depth and realism.

Also, perhaps slightly nitpicking here, but the position of the well doesn't seem the best place to draw water from, it's the second highest point of the cliff. There is also a mapping error about 3 tiles to the left of the well on the cliffwall.

EDIT: There was about 6 replies while I wrote this. :)

D3SDRUB4L said:
I'm sorry for the bad english...
The problem here is not the english. But the story. Try to understand. If you put some plot twists in game it will turn out greatly. If you do the re-creation of teh battles in-game, as I am waiting, it will turn out greatly. But that depends on how you pass the story into the game.

Zoom

The mapping looks fine to me, except in the somewhat smallish church the benches are taking up the center aisle and are thus a fire hazard. (Yeah I know, picky picky.) Also in the second shot the ground is uneven at left; the highest raised ground doesn't extend as far down as the second-highest. Otherwise this is great.

Danny

Sponsor

I was going to say that it was cliche, but you say they will be many suprises, make sure to make them good. I'll play the demo and give a better opinion.

@Calibre: I fixed that clif error already... the screenies are older

Maybe the map are too random, i'm not the best, maybe i'll have a 2nd try...

@rodrix: too many easy? that's true i'll put harder monsters in the full version, also you'll can change the hero in the battle and have a shortcut to use potions...

@Hidrolic: That demo it's only a tech demo with the BS

@Mr.9MM: I'm portuguese too, that's why the bad english

Desdrubal... Sounds nice. But you'll release a second Tech Demo??? Weird.

Sir.9MM... Portuguese kids are everywhere, they'll take rmxp.org. Raziel, Chaosg1, Desdrubal, RodriX... We will rule, and Raziel will be our king. Just watch us growing.

Hydrolic... The windowskin is too damn bad. It gives a 3D look, in a 2D game. Bad.

Danny

Sponsor

I played the demo I like the battle system, but you give no intructions on how to use it neither do you even give an opening message to the demo.

The menu though I really like it's very unique.

Yes it is. But in the menu (pressing ESC, of course) you can change the windowskin...

Yes I forgot the intructions! A to atack, S to use the active skill, W to change the active skill...

Danny

Sponsor

Actually you must press A and hold the direction you are attacking in as I found out.

Also I get some errors like when I choose the others option or minigames at the start menu.

I like the window skin too, I think it's fine.

@Calibre: I fixed that clif error already... the screenies are older

I edited my post immediately, and I did offer alot more advice than just the cliff edge. :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.