Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Events won't even start.

Okay, this is PISSING me off, Out of no where, I haven't added ANY new scripts, and randomly, no events work except for autoruns, I can't talk to people, or go through doors or anything, anyone know why?

i had a similar problem before. two things. one... check your controls. reason im saying this is because just a few days ago my controls stopped working and after resetting them it worked find. the other thing is have you had any power surges recently? once before i was saving my progress right as a surge hit and corrupted all my data. its possible that only a small portion of your data was corrupted and you may be able to recover from it. otherwise try uploading a small demo and we can look at it.

Wow, that's incredibly weird. I've gone and deleted every custom script in your game yet it still doesn't work. I'll have to assume that you or someone else working on this project changed one of the games default scripts, whether on accident or not. If you haven't made modifications to those, I suggest deleting them in your game and copying them from a new game.

yes it does, but anyway I tried downloading it and then copy "scripts.rxdata" from a new project(just a faster way then copy all scripts), after that it worked like it should so I'm pretty sure that the problem is somewhere in the default scripts.

Regi":r5unnhuq said:
Maybe that's because you haven't added any custom scripts?
No, I mean, I copied scripts.rxdata from a new project into Amethyst's data and clicked Copy and Replace, and it didn't change anything.

And Rey_J, It shouldn't make a difference because I'm doing them the way I always have.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.