Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Equipment Weights V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Equipment Weights
Version: 2.0

Introduction

This script allows you to assign a weight to your equipment and how much each actor can carry at once, If the actor equips stuff to heavy then either 1) They can't equip it 2) Their stats are reduced. This script also lets you setup a curve so that the amount they can carry increases with level. This script also comes with a conversion function so you can either your swords in one unit while rings and hats in another.

Screenshots

Demo

http://trickster.wg2140.com/Demos/Weights.rar

Instructions

If not using SDK then remove the SDK test lines and the last end of every script Setup, Edits to Classes, and Equip Windows

Instructions are given in the Setup script.

FAQ

Awaiting Question...

Compatibility

SDK complaint but not dependent

Requires MACL V1.5 or greater

Incompatible with my and G777's Multi-Equip Script
Although I do plan on merging this with mine

Credits and Thanks

Twilight for Requesting
BlueScope for ragging on my design :D
Kuri$u for suggestions

Author's Notes

There might be a few Float Hiccups in the conversion method.

Note: If using the can't equip option. It doesn't check if you use the Change Equipment event command and starting equipment for the start of the game and test battle

Every time you come out with a script, we can't criticise it or even suggest a way to make it better becasue it is already the best. Again, good work on this script.

Thanks Trickster! i have been waiting so someone makes a script like this thanks again your great!
[Edit]
A suggestion could you edit your script so when you surpass the weight limit it shows in red and by how much even the stats when they are reduced they remain in red.

samboy;112814 said:
Every time you come out with a script, we can't criticise it or even suggest a way to make it better becasue it is already the best.
I don't think that applies to me, though... :P

Well, posting the script in here'd be more handy than a demo, I suppose... Especially for guys like me who just want to check out some things and not going to test it until the keyboard breaks ^_^

Besides that, it's a good script as always, I'd just like to see the 'Nox'-option in there (characters can't move any more if weigth limit exeeded).

Keep up the good work. :P

Nice script, Trickster, really nice. Just a suggestion, you could make impossible to use some skills depended of huow much weight a hero carries. Like "Agility Skills" wouldn't be used if a character carries too much weight.

Wow another Trickster script.
This one reminds me more of Neverwinter Nights game were you can only carry a certain amount based on the carrying weight of the character.
Just one question @Trickster
Can the carrying weight raise with leveling up the character's dex?

yes, you can do one of two things

a) Use the Curve Generator to mimic your Dex Curve

b) edit this method
Code:
  def base_carry
    return @carry_parameters[@level]
  end

to this
Code:
  def base_carry
    return $data_actors[@actor_id].parameters[3, @level]
  end

Thanks Trickster, the Japanese script that I found was buggy since it had to refer to things from the database >.<, and again, I thank you for this script

Michael;113445":1lgfxscz said:
Thanks Trickster, the Japanese script that I found was buggy since it had to refer to things from the database >.<, and again, I thank you for this script

Yeah that was a pretty nasty explanation of the setup you gave me, using elements to define the weight ewww...

arachus;112916":1lgfxscz said:
Nice script, Trickster, really nice. Just a suggestion, you could make impossible to use some skills depended of huow much weight a hero carries. Like "Agility Skills" wouldn't be used if a character carries too much weight.

Well I could add that in, I'll think about it but don't expect me to jump on it right away

BlueScope;112894":1lgfxscz said:
I don't think that applies to me, though... :P

Well, posting the script in here'd be more handy than a demo, I suppose... Especially for guys like me who just want to check out some things and not going to test it until the keyboard breaks ^_^

Besides that, it's a good script as always, I'd just like to see the 'Nox'-option in there (characters can't move any more if weigth limit exeeded).

Keep up the good work. :P

BlueScope has anyone ever told you that you use too many smilies :P

I don't post scripts since it is too much of a hassle to keep everything in sync, and I'm too lazy to do that (I'm the scripter I have a right to be lazy!).

I will do the option you suggested to me in IRC the next time I update this script It will be there

Reaper*;112844":1lgfxscz said:
A suggestion could you edit your script so when you surpass the weight limit it shows in red and by how much even the stats when they are reduced they remain in red.

I will add that option in next update

Trickster;114661 said:
Yeah that was a pretty nasty explanation of the setup you gave me, using elements to define the weight ewww...

Well I could add that in, I'll think about it but don't expect me to jump on it right away

BlueScope has anyone ever told you that you use too many smilies :P

I don't post scripts since it is too much of a hassle to keep everything in sync, and I'm too lazy to do that (I'm the scripter I have a right to be lazy!).

I will do the option you suggested to me in IRC the next time I update this script It will be there

I will add that option in next update

Thanks

The only other thing I can suggest for this amazing script is this. When you are "Encumbered" your characters speed should drop by 1, so instead of walking and dashing at Walk = 4(4) speed and Dash = 5(5) speed, it becomes Walk = 4(3) speed and Dash = 5(4) speed.

More than just make it character affected, as well affect on map status :)

Axerax;115242 said:
The only other thing I can suggest for this amazing script is this. When you are "Encumbered" your characters speed should drop by 1, so instead of walking and dashing at Walk = 4(4) speed and Dash = 5(5) speed, it becomes Walk = 4(3) speed and Dash = 5(4) speed.

More than just make it character affected, as well affect on map status :)

That feature is already in there somewhat It will not decrease by a set amount but it will decrease by a percentage (seems more realistic this way), and it only affects the first actor in party.

so if Aluxes/Arshes is overweight by 20kg and he can only carry 40kg and his walking speed is 4. Then his walking speed will be decreased to

4 * 40 / (40 + 20) = 4 * 2 / 3 = 8 / 3 = 2.66667

and the walking speed can be set to a decimal value with no problems at all

And don't mind the values I set to some of the stuff in the demo and my example above, they are just random values ;)

The option to make the move speed the party's average move speed though that will be added in the next update along with the other stuff people suggested.

Script has been updated

Updated the Curve Generation for weight (see setup)

Added these features
Nox Option - Actors can't act if encumbered
Average Speed Option - Average Party Speed

Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.