Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

determined to make my own RPG

tindra

I've been looking into this lately, but apparently, I've become determined to make my own RPG at this point. And I'd like to have some tips on these types of things or recommendations on what kind of software I should use. I've been inspired by games like Ib, or To the Moon. Any type of information will be appreciated. Thanks.

Most of us use RPG Maker, which makes RPGs out of the box as the name suggests. If you really want to "make your own" I guess Construct 2 or Game Maker might be better - but you'll have to do it all from scratch - more interesting game of course. RPG Maker's quite powerful and easy to use though.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.