Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Destined Journeys I: Renewal of a Dream

Dead content awaiting restoration.
sorry but where are the screen shots... i sure i saw some on ere once.... how are things going on ere now? I finaly got the project im on up into this thread. Hope its all going well for you and I cannot wait to get a demo and play my little heart away :D

I am Very Happy to see that someone has finally replied, and still wants a demo. After all of these bumps! Oh well, at least one person will play it.

As for the screenshots, the game is seeing a huge makeover, it is even now in a new project, with virtually the same database, but now it is more planned out and such. As you may be thinking: "So really it's a new project with the same name!" but it isn't, you see, the Temple of Jarrow, which was previously the scheduled demo, shall still appear in my game, as with it's maps and events, even location, but it will merely be playable later in the game.

I supose you could call it a set-back. The story was the thing that was bugging me, so now it is fixed, the first dungeon "Memorial Mines" and the second "Vivid Depths" will now come before the newly third dungeon "Temple of Jarrow", instead of after.

Does this make sense? If it doesn't, I'll some it up in sum line.
"The Temple of Jarrow is gunna be the third and not the first temple in the game so a demo of it won't be released"

Pretty easily done actually. Sorry about this, I get carried away whilst typing.

As for the new demo, as you can see, the second dungeon will be playable in it. (The first dungeon still needs a little work.)

Thanks XcuMaSoft!

I think this is a pretty cool game, the music is equiped nicely with the maps
the puzzles aren't to hard or easy either. Looking forward to next demo!

nick5674398;249620 said:
I think this is a pretty cool game, the music is equiped nicely with the maps
the puzzles aren't to hard or easy either. Looking forward to next demo!

Thankyou very much for your comment! :thumb:

As (;)) for the next demo, I would release the whole of the first chapter... But the only thing is that I need to do a lot of interiors for a massive town, and so it might not be out so soon. But maybe the first dungeon.

I guess this is what the summer is for. :D

Thanks again!

Heya~ I downloaded it and played through some. :)

It's a good start, but I have some suggestions here. The random step-triggered battles were set to way too high, I ran into a battle every 5 steps almost. As for maps, they were a little square-ly in my opinion, perhaps give more shapes to the hills and add more details to it here and there. You should also add some sort of a reviving ability/item, so in case someone dies there's a way to get him/her back outside of battle - or simply make death effect fade as you exit battle. You can do that by checking something in the System window -> status tab, I think.

I must applaud you, however, on having minimal traffic to this thread yet are able to keep working on it. If it was me I would've gotten discouraged a long time ago, heheh. Keep it up, I'm sure you'll get better and better as you go. :) I found that it's the easiest to learn by playing other games made by highly experienced members - such as Memento Vivere, Shades, Emerald Dreams to name a few, along with many other obvious and popular candidates out there. As you play, pay attention to how they did certain things that you liked, including mechanics as well as characterization.

By the way, I really recommend getting some screenshots up; it'd really help with your traffic. Not many would pay attention to a game thread without any visual samples.

Reives;250468 said:
Heya~ I downloaded it and played through some. :)

It's a good start, but I have some suggestions here. The random step-triggered battles were set to way too high, I ran into a battle every 5 steps almost. As for maps, they were a little square-ly in my opinion, perhaps give more shapes to the hills and add more details to it here and there. You should also add some sort of a reviving ability/item, so in case someone dies there's a way to get him/her back outside of battle - or simply make death effect fade as you exit battle. You can do that by checking something in the System window -> status tab, I think.

I must applaud you, however, on having minimal traffic to this thread yet are able to keep working on it. If it was me I would've gotten discouraged a long time ago, heheh. Keep it up, I'm sure you'll get better and better as you go. :) I found that it's the easiest to learn by playing other games made by highly experienced members - such as Memento Vivere, Shades, Emerald Dreams to name a few, along with many other obvious and popular candidates out there. As you play, pay attention to how they did certain things that you liked, including mechanics as well as characterization.

By the way, I really recommend getting some screenshots up; it'd really help with your traffic. Not many would pay attention to a game thread without any visual samples.

Thanks Reives. I only carried on with this project becuase I love to work on it. It was fun basicly. I knew, that with a young RMXP-user such as myself, I would not be able to make an instant classic, especially since I have no experience. Have you entered the Cave yet Reives? That is where the Dungeon really begins... The Waterfall and mountain were just sorta thrown together ':|, I will of course work on that for the full release. As for the battles, you have reminded me that it is way too low. I was meant to change that when my friend Beta-Tested it.:s Sorry about that guys. And yeah, there is a death-recovery item in the main dungeon, only one though. I guess I was being a lil' bit too mean. :*)

And, ya' see Reives, I would love to put screenshots up, but I am unfortunately playing YOUR game and I am too addicted to the story to stop playing! :-/ I will later.

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it on board for the next release of the Demo. (and just a little PS. if you havn't got to the actual water cave yet, please try to play the cave, as it is a million times better than the actual mountains. :yes:)

Cheers

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.