Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
In Praise of Peace

[Demo] In Praise of Peace

In Praise of Peace

SoleLeader.jpg

For two years, the war has raged on, becoming almost a simple afterthought in the minds of the common folk. There are those who know better, however, and wish to understand it - and then there are those who understand and seek to take out the root of the conflict altogether.

In a story of wars both political and personal, a young man, Padrick Delaney, has declared himself the savior of the country Salenar. A young woman, Carmilla Argot, recently turned head of the private investigations network called the Argot Night, has decided that she must be the one to uncover the motivation of the so-called savior.

Padrick's fellow members of Salvation, his group of anti-war radicals, have set in motion a chain of events that will change the course of war - and the country - tremendously. In a race against time, Salvation and the Argot Night must collide in order to uncover the secrets of Salenar...

Abomination.jpg

Dramatis Personæ
(In order of appearance)
2gshpvr.jpg

Carmilla Argot
Guildmaster of the Argot Night. Carmilla follows devotedly in the footsteps of her late father, the previous guildmaster. She is a strong and independent woman, and fearing her potent spellcasting abilities would be most wise. Her most recent mission has been self-declared: investigate the radical Padrick Delaney.

t6s2ut.jpg

Tristan Argot
Carmilla's lovestruck twin brother. After the twins' father died, he left control of the Argot Night to Carmilla and Tristan, saying in his will that "his children could outperform the elderly imbeciles (such as myself) with little effort." Indeed, Tristan is a top-notch investigator and wields a sharp mind. He left the Argot Night when he fell in love with Navine.

6j10xt.jpg

Navine Ludivina
An eccentric and persuasive woman. Navine appears somewhat childish in stature, but is a stern woman with a hidden tender side. Her intelligence is unmatched, which is what caused her to be temporarily hired by the Argot Night as an investigative aide. Navine is not much of one for work, however, and is paying for her departure with Tristan completely out of her family's noble treasury.

e7kqxg.jpg

Padrick Delaney
A man who trusts God and all of His choices. Padrick is the leader of Salvation, a three-man squad Hellbent on ending the war caused by Salenar. He has gone so far as to spread word that he is the savior of Salenar, the one who will end this and all wars - using this, he exacts divine retribution on those he deems unworthy of their office.

30iamw7.jpg

Lun "Madame" Cho
A drifter from the far reaches of the continent. Lun (or "Madame," as she tries to get people to call her) travels from country to country, doing what looks interesting to get by. Currently she has found a friend in Padrick, and has offered her martial prowess to Salvation.

23tsco9.jpg

Martin
Padrick's (mostly) loyal sidekick, and his friend. An uncultured boy with an alarming knack for trickery and stealth. Martin cares not for surnames, often calling Lun "Lunch" instead of "Madame Cho." With these rough edges comes a rough heart, one that Martin claims to be "complete granite, with only a lil' crack for the good stuff."

30967h3.jpg

Horace Salenar
The bardic prince - and heir apparent - of Salenar. A man who laughs in the face of death.

wiapgo.jpg

Jessica Claudia
Once a diviner in the employ of the Argot Night, Jessica has since retired. She wishes only to remain peaceful in her secluded cottage.

YourCharactersHaveStats.jpg

Features
-Engage in strategic Charge Time battles, akin to Final Fantasy X and Exit Fate
-Customize characters by attaching Gems that teach new skills
-Experience a dark and personal story of betrayal and retribution

ButAMan.jpg

Disclaimer
This demo covers the first three chapters of the game, but some of the menus aren't 100% perfect. The reason is because this is kind of a "game dump;" I made a few hours of the game a while ago and then stopped. I finally decided to release it as-is. Have fun and enjoy, but understand that it is not perfectly polished. It is, however, very playable.

Also, there is some minor swearing and cases of homosexuality. If that offends you, grow up.

BanditinfestedTunnel.jpg

Download
Please visit the RMN page.
http://rpgmaker.net/games/2035/
Also, the disclaimer above is meant to be read. Not every little detail is perfect or finished, but the game itself is completely playable and hopefully up to snuff. I'm probably never working on this again; it's just a release since a lot of people on RMN were interested.

FangornTreebeard.jpg

Having played it, Bandit Tunnel, damn you!!!! I like this game, will try to beat those two guys again. I SHALL HAVE MY VENGEANCE!

False alarm, I guess I beaten them easily. :huh:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.