Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Curse of Slate Rock Manor

Curse of Slate Rock Manor

Yay! Finally finished this after 2 years.

phantom.png

I used RPG Maker to make a visual novel game. Don't freek out! I intend to add some walking around elements and pixel art as part of an upgrade, but I am not finished yet.

You can find more information here:

http://visualnovelgames.com/VN-Curse-of-Slate-Rock-Manor.html

Delilah and her friend Lyle grow worried after their fellow student fails to return in time for their graduation ceremony. Their friend Trent had left after finals to investigate a number of recent ghost sightings in Slate Rock, but failed to show up for graduation. After no clues show up during a forensic investigation a few weeks later, Trent becomes classified as missing, and Lyle and Delilah decide to conduct an investigation of their own.

Lyle.png

Can you help Lyle and Delilah find what happened to their missing friend?

Thanks for your support! The free demo is available from our site or here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?y6t49igaaz6apzp

Meh, sounds alright,
but you might want to include a bit more information and add some pictures, otherwise people won't know what to expect and might not download it.

Misery":3bq0zbfl said:
Meh, sounds alright,
but you might want to include a bit more information and add some pictures, otherwise people won't know what to expect and might not download it.

Thanks for your interest. I went ahead and added another screenshot. This isn't an RPG, so I think that it won't appeal to most people in this forum, but I think it will be interesting for some people to see other things being done with RPG Maker XP.

Misery":1i9dzhcm said:
Meh, sounds alright,

a project that has been worked on for more than 2 years deserves more than a "Meh, sounds alright", especially on a game design forum.

I'm including some visual novel influences in my rmxp game too so i'll be sure to play this and give feedback. By they, is the first picture custom made for this project? It looks pretty awesome!

gRaViJa":3k2clmau said:
Misery":3k2clmau said:
Meh, sounds alright,

a project that has been worked on for more than 2 years deserves more than a "Meh, sounds alright", especially on a game design forum.

I'm including some visual novel influences in my rmxp game too so i'll be sure to play this and give feedback. By they, is the first picture custom made for this project? It looks pretty awesome!

Thanks for your support. Actually, all 60 backgrounds and the title screen were made specifically for this game.

MarioSuperStar":357y2wah said:
Looks cool. Good Job.
Downloaded, but it seems an error loads when I try to run the exe.

Hmm... Can you let me know what the error message says? Likely, the download was interrupted and you didn't get all of the files. The total should be 172 MB or 150MB.

I am sure that you are using windows. Are you having trouble with the installer, or does the icon in the start menu not play the game?

Double check to make sure that the game.ini points to the English .dll. If you can't play it at all, I would start there.

Let me know if you need any more help and thanks for your interest. You can contact me directly using the contact form on our site (visualnovelgames.com).

Thanks!

Actually, the .exe downloads well, but when I open it i get an error saying:

"Invalid file format" or something like that.
Using Windows 7 and already tried to put compatibility settings for windows xp.

Thanks.

MarioSuperStar":4w2glg3r said:
Actually, the .exe downloads well, but when I open it i get an error saying:

"Invalid file format" or something like that.
Using Windows 7 and already tried to put compatibility settings for windows xp.

Thanks.

Gotcha. This is likely due to a corrupt file somewhere. You need to uninstall the game and download it again to ensure the file integrity. Likely, something happened during the download.

Let me know if this works. Otherwise, please send me a screenshot of the error message and make sure to tell me whether the installation showed as successful.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.