Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Creating Monsters and Troops for Newbies

So, you've just started your first game, and you don't know how to create a monster. This tutorial will teach you how to create a monster, how to put them into a troop and how to use troops.

================Creating the Enemy======================

First, open you database. Click on the Enemies tab. Here is where you can manage all of you exsisting monsters and bosses. Click "Change Maximum" and add alot of space, so you can create all of the enemies you need for your game. Now, click on one of the blank spaces. In the name box, type the name of the monster you wish to create.

Then, double click on the "Battle Graphic" box. You can know choose what your enemy will look like in battle. On the side of "Battle Graphic" box, you should see 9 things. "MaxHP";"MaxMP";"STR";"DEX";"AGI";"INT";"ATK";PDEF";"MDEF"; and "EVA".

MaxHP means Maximum Hit Points. This is basicly its life.

MaxMP means Maximum Magic Points. This is what it uses when it casts magic.

STR means Strength, its the monster's base attack.

DEX means Dexterity, its how accuratly it hits.

AGI means Agility, it determines whether it hits first or not.

INT means Inteligence, its how powerful its magic is.

ATK means Attack, its how powerful its physical attack is.

PDEF means Physical Defence, its how much endurance it has against physical attacks.

MDEF means Magical Defence, its how much endurance it has against magic attacks.

EVA means Evasion, its how much of a chance it has to dodge an attack.

When choosing the stats of your monster, be logical. A small creature would have more AGI, DEX, and EVA than attack and defence.

After thats done, you get to choose its Elements Efficiency and Status Efficiency(You can change these elements and statuses in the System and States tabs respectivly.)
Element Efficiency and Status Efficiency have 6 levels. A, B, C, D, E, and F.

A being the strongest against, and F being the most vunerable to.
For example, a monster with A Fire efficiency would take a lot less damage from a fire attack than a C Fire efficency monster. Same goes for statuses, an Enemy with A Sleep efficiency would not fall asleep as easily as an C Sleep effieciency.

Once again, think logically when choosing your Element and Status Efficiencies. A being made of fire isn't going to be immune to water.

After all that is done, you get to make your enemies attack animation and spoils. Click "Target Animation", and select what animation will appear when the enemy attacks(FYI, you can create an animation by going to the Animations tab). Then, choose how much EXP(Experience Points) and Gold the monster gives you for defeating it.

Last but not least, you need to choose the actions. The four basic actions are: Attack, Defend, Escape, and Do Nothing. You can also give the monster a skill. You can also give a rating to each action. The ratings are 1-10. 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, and the default being 5. The higher the rating, the higher the chance the monster will use this action.

You may have noticed the Condition options at the top. Depending on what you put in there, an action cannot be preformed unless the monster meets those conditions. Lets see what these conditions are, shall we?

TURN: The action can only be preformed on the turns selected. The turns selected aren't individual turns, but a turn number to a number turn. (I.E. Action can only be preformed on turns 10-15).

HP: Action can only be preformed if the monster's health is at selected % or below. (I.E. If monster's health is below 15%, it can use Ultima Strike)

LEVEL: Action can only be preformed if the selected actor(I'm not sure if he can only do it to the actor that has the required level) is at selected level or above. (I.E. If actor's level is above 30, monster can use Meteor Shower)

SWITCH: Action can only be preformed if the selected switch is on. (I.E. Switch Muffin is on, so monster can use Eat Muffin)

I will continue the rest(Making a Troop, How to use a Troop) later, but for now, happy monster creating!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.