Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Changing Character Battle Positions

You know how a character's positions (Front, Middle, Rear) affect their accuracy and avoidability in battle?  Well, is there a way to change it so that you can change character positions via the main menu?

That's interesting...let me have a look...Actually...could you post me a screenshot of what your menu-screen looks like with the added code? that would help. And please put that code in your previous post in [ SPOILER ] and [ CODE ] tags, that would make it a bit nicer on the eyes

Oh boy...hmmm....where in your project do you make use of that command manager? and how exactly do you make use of it. Because if I'm not mistaken, that's where things go wrong. If you could just quote me the exact code you've used to add the "Arrange" and "Party" Options to your menu, it should be easy

*looks through it*
I'll tell you once I find it :P
I haven't found it after looking through all of the code....I don't believe you've redefined Scene_Menu anywhere, unless I'm missing it.
One thing though, your "draw_actor_position" method is not so likely to work properly since I don't change the actual position variable. That variable is related to a class and can't be permanently changed. Instead, I change the "odds" variable, so you'd need to use that in the method instead.

Yes, most likely. make sure that, if that's ever called it's called something like
actor = $game_party.actors[some number]
draw_actor_position(actor)

EDIT: After reviewing that command manager script as well as the Scene_Menu you're using. I've come to the conclusion that you've probably just copied the standard Scene_Menu. Because it literally gives me the standard menu when I insert it.
Go into your script editor press ctrl+shift+f and type in "class Scene_Menu"
and tell me how many you find and where you find them

Make a back-up just in case, and see what happens when you get rid of the command manager. THEN insert my code into whatever Scene_Menu you're using (the bit with s7 = "Position" and when 6....etc.)

rofl...the weird thing is that I don't see any of the command manager's methods actually being used in the party manager script. Are you sure there isn't some event or whatever that utilizes the command manager?

You seriously need to give details lol...saying "it gives errors" tells me about as much about what's going on as an orange tells me about what's happening in antarctica (not a lot...)
I don't mean to come off as rude, but I can't help you unless you provide details. I need to know exactly what the errors say and when they happen before I can even begin to try and fix them

EDIT: Perhaps you could send me a demo of how you've set things up, that would greatly simplify things for me

Hopefully. If I have the full project (or at least a near-identical set-up) it's MUCH easier for me to see what's going on since I can go around changing things without having to wait for a response. I can then send you the completed, integrated code back.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.