Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Changing Character Battle Positions

You know how a character's positions (Front, Middle, Rear) affect their accuracy and avoidability in battle?  Well, is there a way to change it so that you can change character positions via the main menu?

Haha, thanks. I'm still trying to implement a loop/playback feature, but I have no clue how the game's audio module works, and no one seems to have the actual definition...so I'm stuck with that...oh well

The full list of all the unlocked songs is a different story lol. I've made it so that, in the latest version of the script, any songs in your game's Audio/BGM folder are automatically marked as unlockables, whereas RTP songs will only be unlockable when specified. That's got to do with ease of setup for the user. Since most users that seriously want to create a good game problably don't use too many RTP songs, I figure it'd suck to have them all loaded into the script standard.

To see a full list of the songs I've actually put in the script as a standard example, you should find the config section in the script and change "UNLOCKABLES" to false. That way all the songs I've specified are automatically unlocked for use.

Okay, moving on.  From what I envision as of now, the main menu screen should appear something like this:

Item
Skills
Equip
Status
Drives (I renamed the Limit Breaks to Drives)
Position
Arrange
Configuration
End Game

the following can be called through scripts:
Codec/Radio/Cell Phone (through pressing the 'X' button or something)
Party (Through a save spot)
Save Game (through a save spot or something)

So I guess everything listed as main menu commands is how it should look like (aside from the customization of the layout)

Okay, that's an easy edit lol.
Man, I've got too many things going on...got like 5 requests I'm trying to work on for people (some way overdue) and then I've got my studies :P
Oh well...I like practicing my scripting skills, so I shouldn't complain

lol, anyway, I'm working on editing the basic menu to look like what you just said ;)
EDIT: before I get on to this, what script are you using that the "config" bit is meant to be pointing at?

Configuration activates the RTAB configuration system which we had discussed because it did not work.  I'll give you a link to my current script set because I changed it by a lot since the last time though the time I post up the link will be Friday since I'll be gone all day tomorrow.

Okay, I'll see what I can do when I get the scripts...just upload your "Scripts" file when you have time, rather than an entire project...saves me bandwidth (albeit not so much)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.