Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge live on Steam!

Hey everyone. I just released my first game. It is available on Steam RIGHT NOW!! Let us know what you think, leave a steam review. $5.99 on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/385190/

header.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lq6lRIYtvQ

I really can't believe just how beautiful this is. You've made a 2D battle system interesting and engaging. It's not just tack, tack, attack - there are visuals, movement, and animation all the way through. This is great, thank you for posting it here.

Thanks a lot for taking a look at it. We are really looking for feedback. There is more to the battle system then we have shown in do time hopefully we can get everything together to make it complete.

A quick look at the screenshots and character art, I am stunned. It looks amazing. I'm downloading the demo now and will post impressions after playing it.

Alright, I played through the demo. I like the character art in the menus and the comic book scenes and the battlers look great as well as the combat backgrounds. I like how you added the options to jump and slice on the maps as well. The music is great and the voice acting is fine. I don't like the dialogue portraits because its such a different visual style than the other artwork. The dialogue boxes can be bigger too. Overall, it was great.

Great feedback we are actually talking about the changes that we need to make and some things that would be unique to our project. We are actually going in a new direction with the portraits and text and it would focus more on a comic book style with more detailed ports. So we will definitely look into that.

Thanks guys we really want people to enjoy and have fun with the game so taking in feedback is a top priority. We really are listening to what players of the demo are saying and we are doing our best to make this game great.

Just tried the demo, but unfortunately got an error as soon as I loaded the game:
Jd2Yez.png

Also a minor criticism, but the installation program doesn't even allow the user to choose where on your computer the demo is installing to. But just based on the looks and presentation, this looks really interesting. I'll check back later to see if there's an updated demo.

Ace of Spades":3tu2l79x said:
Just tried the demo, but unfortunately got an error as soon as I loaded the game:
Jd2Yez.png

Also a minor criticism, but the installation program doesn't even allow the user to choose where on your computer the demo is installing to. But just based on the looks and presentation, this looks really interesting. I'll check back later to see if there's an updated demo.

Oh noooooo. We will look into that ASAP. Are you getting to the title screen? Also can you tell which version you have? If anything try to install it again. We are having a hard time duplicating it and any information you can give us will make it easier to fix.

One more thing where did you download it from?

The error occurs as soon as I load the demo, it never reaches the title screen. I'm running Windows 8, no game pads or anything out of the ordinary, and I downloaded the demo from the link at the top of this thread. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but the same error still occurred. I hope that helps, good luck!

I think you may be missing a DLL file try installing direct x again. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope this does not deter you from trying the demo.

Yin

Does anyone else have this problem when playing? This is a common problem with people who do not have direct x or have an incomplete version of it. Please update your direct x if you have this problem. (This dll should come standard on windows computers)

trexrell":wgj9k2gv said:
I think you may be missing a DLL file try installing direct x again. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope this does not deter you from trying the demo.
Just wanted to let you know, I tried your suggestion or re-downloading direct x and everything worked perfectly! I just reinstalled the demo, I'm only a few minutes in, but I'll leave a complete impression once I get through the demo this weekend.

Juan J. Sánchez":1eueo3cs said:
I'm calling it. This is awesome. It's one of the best projects I've ever seen on this site.
Thanks Juan we hope you try the demo and give us your feedback if anything you can help us make it better by putting you own incite into what we have created so far.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.