Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Celestial Grace RMXP demo 2+ hours game play

Dead content awaiting restoration.
About the game:  
It's a time traveling game. You go through collecting 'shards' of this crystal. Each shard gives you a small bit of power to time travel. It is rpg maker xp.
I am so excited to get this demo out. The team is myself and Raice, but Raice has stopped working on it for the moment, so it's taking me longer to get things done.
It should have well over 2 hours of demo time, so we'll see.

Download link: Download (62 mb)
Sorry for the delay, the newly added title addon was messing up another script, so i have removed the title for now.
I tried it again, it seems to work having the title script above the other, but i'm not taking any chances. The normal title will work for now.  :wink:

Story:
there is an amazing crystal, that can give its holder great powers. Some have hunted for it day and night. Sadly what they didn't know, was how much it could control, and distort time. The crystal shattered which has caused tremors in time. These tremors materialize as portals to another time {or timeline }. The portals are also random, one will not take you to the same place twice. If you hold a shard of the crystal you can travel more safely through the portals. Also slightly control where you go, and send companions with you. The more shards one has, the more they can control these portals to their will.
Originally, Rathos collected all but a few of the shards and bent time, the earth, and people to his will. Darius and Kalista go back in time to find someone who can stop Rathos from becoming supreme ruler again. They find Alexis.

Features: 
Custom stat/skill gain.
Custom database: Skills, items, weapons, armor.
Deep, invloved story.
Facial expressions (using naramura graphics).

Main characters:
Alexis:
Comes from little village in the snowy mountains. Is either running errands for her parents or haning out with her sister and Kyle. She is very resposible but sarcastic.

Raine:
Sister of Alexis. A strong fighter and magic user. She can hold her own in a battle.

Kyle:
Best friend of Alexis. Likes exploring, and wants to someday become a salior.

Mellony:
Training to be a knight of Alexandria. She is quick, strong, and has a strong sense of justice.
Her father was a great knight of Alexandria. She not only wants to follow in his footsteps, but wants to protect people.

Marduk:
A tough down to earth man who loves his heavy axes.

Kalista:
An elf from the past, who's part in this is unknown to you. (She knows of the crystal's time control, and seeks it out in order to reverse the damage caused by Rathos.)

Darius:
A powerful mage, with many friends. He seeks out the crystal to correct a mistake he made. (He is one of the few who knows of the crystal's time control.) He protects and manipulates Alexis to steer her in the right direction.

Rathos: Main Villian
The eldest prince of Avalon. His father was a kind king, however that did not get passed down. Rathos wishes to be the ruler of not only his kingdom, but all others. He seeks out the crystal to destroy those who oppose him.

More characters to come.

Real time active battle: cogwheel
Rmxp Sdk
Custom title screen: sonica
ccoa's weather script
Guillaume777's Multi-slot equipment script
Blakependragon's and Raice's Stat growth gain, and skill gain. ^_^

Storyline: blakependragon and raice
Maps: blakependragon, raice, ghost275, seita
Eventing: blakependragon and raice
Music: RTP
Testing: blakependragon, blakependragon, blakependragon, blakependragon, raice, anyone who tries the demo
Graphics: (presubmitted content; tilesets, character sets, ect) (if i missed anyone i apologize, this list was compiled late)
naramura
sithjester
satana81
looseleaf
zanyzora
rufyshinra
etolier
mimesong
if uneveness
sakura
pickle
ccoa
hungrymouse
mack
mackie
Poyzinblud
kachougumi
lp4
Crimson Lotus
seen
greenmage
Poyzinblud

titlepng.jpg

celestial-gameover.jpg

Took a big pic of this one, and it is a BIG town. It's Alexandria, I think most games have small towns, so I made a big one.
alexandria.jpg

snow.jpg

farm.jpg

port.jpg

inn.jpg

The level system:
Here is how it works; You get xp. Then you can choose whether to (buy) skills or stats. Of course the skills cost more. All stats cost the same to upgrade (the cost goes up as the stat goes up). But how much it raises the stat depends on the character, each character leans to certain stats.

Skills have different levels. Cure may have 4 levels and sleep only has one level. When you buy the next level it replaces the old one. There will also be requirements to by some skills. Cure level 4 may require 400 int. Speed+ may require 100 agility.

^_^ Anyway, we're trying to be creative with this game. This adds character customization but still keeps it even. Raice and I coded it ourselves, with rgss scripting help from sephirothspawn/goldenshadow/jimmerishu. So I want to thank them for helping.

Skill Page:
skillgain.jpg
Stat Page:
statgain.jpg

I have spent more time testing this then making it :smile: but if you find any bugs, or errors, please let me know.

regi

Sponsor

Looks like you spent a lot of effort on your post. Seems pretty well-done so far.

I like the story. Although it's a bit cliche, having you collect crystal shards, the time traveling adds a twist to it. Do you get to choose yourself what time or place to go, or do you have to follow a strict storyline?

Maps are decent, although there are some empty spaces you should fix; and make the house insides smaller.

Also, the custom skills and stats page look cool, it gives it a much more creative look. All around, it looks like you have some nice work here, so I may give it a try. :wink:

thanks for your input. i know some parts are cliche, but we try to mix it up. (in some areas we do things cliche on purpose, for humor, making fun of the cliches. some things it's hard to avoid being cliche. and other times we try to do the opposite of what you would normaly see.) you also never get to collect ALL of the shards. so it's not just: go collect the 7 shards, you have one, yay, go get the next one. (the shards will end up trading hands too)

as far as picking where you go... hmm, haven't thought about it much. at first you'll have to follow the storyline, (and since you don't have shards or know how to use them you can't control it anyway). but as the story goes, and you get some shards, i think we'll let you choose, places you've been before maybe.

maps are decent. thanks for the complement ^_^ our mapping skills aren't good. i will work on making the houses smaller.

I downloaded it and pressed the down key when it started up and it said 'File Audio/SE/001-System01' was not found.
I have the RTP - you must have selected no RTP while making the game.
You also included the .rxproj file, so I was able to fix this.  I'm not sure if you meant to do this - and I'd advise compressing/encrypting your game if you want to prevent people copying anything from your game.  Also some game notes such as telling you where some of the crystal shards are in the game.  Again, not sure if you meant to do this.
I'll play the game now ^^

oooh, thanks, i've never compiled one before so i am changing that. (didn't realize it compressed the entire folder, i thought it would only take the game stuff) Ok, i figured it out. Thanks for the tip. It is encrypted and i am re-uploading it.

As far as the shards. If someone in the game tells you where to find one, then you can go look for it. Other than that, it's story. After all, you can't go looking for them before you know you need them ;)
They are more of place holders for the story, instead of this great artifact that you have to go seek out. (The shards text document was my notes for where they are. So you don't find the same color twice ^_^.)

A game that has crystals?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So... overused... must... hit something...
Seriously though, your actually gameplay looks great, but the premise makes me want to gag, to be honest with you. :(
  -KRoP

The word you're looking for is Cliche. :) Let me tell you it's rather difficult to make a story with no cliches. Why? Because a cliche is something that has been used a lot. Now imagine how many stories or plots there are out there, games, movies, tv shows. Anyway, it is possible to make something good of a cliche.
Also, the crystal part is small, it's NOT what the game is about (which is the usual cliche), we merely use the crystals for time travel and some story.

Here is what someone said of this game at creation asylum:
"I'm downloading it now, I add to this post after I try it out :) But its looking good (although I dont like the whole gathering of shards, thats just me)
The story sounds interesting, I cant wait to play it!

Edit: I love your demo, I cant wait for the full game to come out! And what I said earlier about the shards things: Who cares! You used it in a great way. Great work "

^_^ I'm just suggesting you try it. It's a short demo. ~laterz

edit: though i can understand your view... i keep 10 feet away from games with "tales" or "legend" in the title.

@burnsage- actually it depends on your keyboard controls. If you've changed them the battlesystem doesn't know that.

@blackpendragon- two things. If your making large maps make sure you add detail to each part of the map. The maps are way too damn empty. Secondly add a run button. Walking around at that speed is painful!
Also no weapon for the main character is irritable.

I haven't gotten very far as walking around real slow in large undetailed areas anoyes me. Especially when the main character dies with no way to revive them. :dead:

Good luck though.

<_> ok, if you talk to your dad he tells you to not leave your dresser drawer open (don't forget, in rpgs talking to people is important) then when you check the dresser you get your equipment. I have tested the game numerous times (with equipment) and didn't have trouble dying.

Yes, sorry about the run. We had one but it was messing something else up, so I'll have to go get a code for it.

EDIT: new download has a run. just equip the running shoes in the dresser to alexis.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.