Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Castorvian Legends // Current Ver: 0.23

Dead content awaiting restoration.
http://shadowruby.co.uk/castorvia/cllogo.png[/img]
Current Ver: 0.23

In a land of which was said to be entirely protected, security has been breached.

Forcia, a man so powerful and evil that none could ever match his power, sent from a nearby continent to the land of Castorvia has stopped the barrier which prevents monsters from enterring our world and chaos has begun.

A soldier, Zusae, in service of the King volunteers himself for the mission of retrieving information about the bringer of chaos.  After the dramatic murder of his wife some time ago, he believes that keeping himself occupied with such a huge task will help him.

The King tells Zusae to meet up with an associate of his; Solmn.  But after their meeting, things become dramatically worse.  Solmn begins to explain to Zusae how the King is involved in Forcia's plans, and how he has actually been working against his own continent the whole time.......

Zusae
Class: Fighter
Weapon: Sword
Synopsis: Zusae has worked in service of the king for over ten years.  At the age of 29, he lost his wife after a mission of his went horribly wrong, and the continent's enemies began to use emotional blackmail against all who opposed them. 

Solmn
Class: Dark Mage
Weapon: Mace
Synopsis: Originally from the continent of Sindra, Solmn came to Castorvia following someone who was associated with a known enemy of the Sindrian Lords.  After completing the mission, he remained in Castorvia after he realised the chaos that was taking place in Forcia's wake.

Athrika
Class: Light Mage
Weapon: Staff
Synopsis: Daughter to the founder of a grand Sindrian city that Athrika never got to see.  She was born in Castorvia, and her mother never wanted her to leave the continent which was supposedly safer than any other.  She met Solmn shortly after he finished the mission that the Sindrian Lords sent him on.

Ariku
Class: Gunner
Weapon: Gun
Synopsis: ?????

Vaune
Class: Lancer
Weapon: Spear
Synopsis: Worked under the King's order in a unit called the Zephyr Group.  He worked with Zusae for many years and so has a friendship with him, and knows how he acts and thinks. 

The menu system:
http://www.shadowruby.co.uk/castorvia/screens/menu.PNG[/img]

The menu system during a dungeoni:
http://www.shadowruby.co.uk/castorvia/s ... n_menu.PNG[/img]

The world map, complete with moving head depending on location:
http://www.shadowruby.co.uk/castorvia/s ... rldmap.PNG[/img]

The RTAB:
http://www.shadowruby.co.uk/castorvia/s ... system.PNG[/img]

The Skill Grid (Explained below)
http://www.shadowruby.co.uk/castorvia/s ... l_grid.PNG[/img]

This is the most complicated form of the skill grid you'll ever come accross.

At the end of a battle, you gain four different sets of points.
  • An amount of AP, different for every monster.
  • An amount of SP, different for every monster.
  • An amount of NP, 1 point per monster.
  • An amount of LP, 1 point per monster.

AP (Ability Points) used to learn new abilities.
SP (Stat Points) are used to upgrade stats.
NP (Node Points) are used to gain abilities and upgrade stats.
LP (Lock Points) are used to open Lock Nodes.

Each character has a different Skill Grid, with different abilities and stat upgrades.  However, characters do not have their own point amounts.  All of the points (explained above) are shared by the entire party, thus creating strategy of who you want to learn abilities / upgrade stats.

It's probably easier just for you to try it rather than to explain it...

Script Credits
- Cogwheel
- Moghunter
- Minkoff
- KGC
- Near Fantastica
- ccoa
- Gamebaker
- Raziel
- Dargor
- Blizzard
- Cowlol
- Sephirothspawn
- Momomo
- Rubymatt
- DerVVulfman
- Squall

Graphics Credits
- RPG Vortex

Gameplay
  Creator
    - Rubymatt
  Testers
    - LiziLOSER
    - Mikeyboy
    - Invincible_Jesskins
  Concept / Advisors
    - Invincible_Jesskins
    - Mikeyboy

Music Credits
- Rubymatt
- Takeharu Ishimoto
- Mikeyboy (Conversion)

Advertising
Trailer
    - Mikeyboy

Trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bp8lJYdmvA8

Demo v0.23 download: (FileFactory)
Full Game (Rar file, 40mb)
Latest Additions Only (4mb)

*Latest additions in 0.23 contains only the RGSS archive.

This actually looks quite interesting.

It's refreshing to see a game where all the main characters aren't 16 years old, yet somehow the greatest warriors ever.
I'm downloading it now, and I'll give more feedback later.

Okies, thanks. :D

EDIT: To those who've already downloaded, I've had to reupload the demo.  One of my testers found a few problems that have now been fixed.  The first dungeon's treasure chests now work properly (the non-key ones) and the arena's bug has been fixed.

Ok, first of all, it looks great^^  but i think there is something wrong with the save..  :shock:
When i tried to save, it said that the game couldn't find the save1/rxdata thingy, and then it shut down :shock:, second of all, in the beginning when you get your money out of the bottom drawer,  you can stand there for like an hour and mash the action button to get a lot of money  :wink:

Gando":2gd1cyue said:
Ok, first of all, it looks great^^  but i think there is something wrong with the save..  :shock:
When i tried to save, it said that the game couldn't find the save1/rxdata thingy, and then it shut down :shock:, second of all, in the beginning when you get your money out of the bottom drawer,  you can stand there for like an hour and mash the action button to get a lot of money  :wink:

I had the same problems. I couldnt pass the city because it crashed each time, though I suppose I can just skip the save. I also have 2 more points.

1. The mapping in the main part of the city is very repetitive. Every building looks exactly the same, just some have chimneys and some don't. A little size variety helps.

2. When you go into the Park, and try to leave from the middle, you cant get out. The leaving event transports you on top on another leaving event and sends you back to the park.

I'll look into it.  The saving works fine on my computer. 

I'll look into it. 

Wait... In the folder after you've extracted the file, there should be a Saves folder.  If not, you need to make one. 
The park thing is wierd, dunno what's causing it. 
And I'm not a great town mapper, though I'll change what I can.  Bug fixes will be up soon.

EDIT: Fixed all the main problems now.  The Saves folder should appear normally and everything should work fine again.  Fixed the teleport problem, and the drawer problem.

Uploaded to the same URL http://www.shadowruby.co.uk/castorvia

Dude! How did you, -like-, ever manage to use KGC scripts!? I've been trying to use his "Active Count Battle" script for like months and I can't figure it out...

EDIT: Games not bad actually, Just need to work on your mapping and it'd be perfect.

Rubymatt":1fjrf0by said:
Script Credits
- Cogwheel
- Moghunter
- Minkoff
- KGC
- Near Fantastica
- ccoa
- Gamebaker
- Raziel
- Dargor
- Blizzard
- Cowlol
- Sephirothspawn
- Momomo
- DerVVulfman
- Squall
Rubymatt":1fjrf0by said:
Yeah, I'm not great with mapping tbh.

And I didn't use any KGC scripts that I can remember off-hand.
Didn't use any KGC Scripts?... Then why did you credit him? :tongue2:

Big update: 0.20.

Story has been advanced by two whole dungeons.  I've removed as many bugs as I can from the entire game, along with editing the difficulty curve and an extension of the Skill Grid so that people don't run out of nodes too early. 

I also replaced HP and MP Pool abilities with "SelfHeal" and "SelfRestore" as the original abilities effects weren't working at all. 

The new demo can be downloaded at http://www.shadowruby.co.uk/castorvia/CL.zip

New Download link + Update: 0.22
Rapidshare
Megaupload

Trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bp8lJYdmvA8

Updates
  • Extension to gameplay
  • Added some items into the drawer where you get the money at the game's start.  Players who already obtained the money the first time round will be able to now obtain it again, along with the items they missed the first time round.
  • Removed the arena (It was getting overly complicated, and began to bug, stupidly, however, those who've already done some of the arena challenges may still have the number displayed in the Stats Screen.
  • Reduced lag at start of map when music begins
  • A few minor, unimportant edits placed generally around the game.
  • Update - Fixed the battle against the Zephyr robot.

This is my small review:

Your interior mappng style is really nice you do have a nice little style in that area. :thumb:
Though the exterior needs a lot of work; no windows.  :dead:
The music was also kinda a turnoff for me(except when barrets theme played...
but nevertheless I will continue to play through the whole thing so I can give you a proper evaluation.

-Ciao!

Thanks for the feedback.  Hope you play further =]. 

Important Update
Big bug in the forest village, the theme for it was missing from the audio folder (And I don't know why.)

Anyway, here's the audio file on its own.
Village Theme 2

Right click > save as, or it'll just play it.  Put it in the Audio > BGM folder, make sure it's called "Village Theme 2" (It's a long story as to where the names of the tracks came from.)

Additionally, another bugfix update will be uploaded soon.  For those who've already downloaded, I'll upload the RGSS archive seperately so you don't have to download all the audio over again.

Regards,
~Ruby

Update: Version 0.23 Release
Click Here if you already downloaded a previous version.  This download simply contains the RGSS Archive.
New full download link coming soon.

Version Additions:
  • Fixed all bugs in the Sorvacia Town Hall.
  • Fixed Oldrae passability bug
  • Mapping improvements in Slinturi.
  • Fixed various problems with the second and third dungeons
  • Fixed various skill grid and worldmap related errors

I assume, seeing the lack of doors on the houses and the absence of any way out that the demo is over once you reach Oldrea, yes?

In the future, try and remember to put in a short "the demo ends here".

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.