Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Build & Win Contest: HYPE! MARKET! ADVERTISE!

pheew.. finally the mechanisms are engaged and the power is in the stalk, now I just need to finish the layout of the site and PowW! Let's break it all!!

Ven, what was it you were saying about signature height? I ask because this is a screen of your signature on my computer. Now, I realize that I keep my browser on half a screen, but ideally, a signature should be formattable to prevent even that.

VENSig.png

Tuna

Awesome Bro

Glitchfinder":2ks8oi3e said:
Ven, what was it you were saying about signature height? I ask because this is a screen of your signature on my computer. Now, I realize that I keep my browser on half a screen, but ideally, a signature should be formattable to prevent even that.

VENSig.png
Fix your window margins, brah. The majority of the internet is viewing these pages at 1366x768+ resolution. :tongue:

Tuna":oxem2c0l said:
Glitchfinder":oxem2c0l said:

VENSig.png
Fix your window margins, brah. The majority of the internet is viewing these pages at 1366x768+ resolution. :tongue:

As I mentioned, I keep my browser on half my monitor. If I REALLY wanted to, I could view the same post at 2048x1152, which looks something like this:

VENSig2.png

The reason I don't do this is because it feels like a huge waste of space when I could prevent tabbing altogether with a bit of window management.

Also, I would like to mention that just because your monitor is tiny, don't assume mine is too. Those browser statistics pages check your display resolution and then assume you've got the browser fullscreen, which is horribly inaccurate, especially including Win7's snapto feature.

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Tuna":vxct7nl8 said:
I suppose you could say you found a... glitch. :shades: :shades: :shades:

no no no... it should be more like...

"It looks like you found...

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

A Glitch"

anyway I had that same proble so I erased my sig.

I'm conserving vertical space the best way I can by having all images capable of horizontally aligning themselves. If you choose to browse at a wacky atypical resolution or browser size then that's not really my problem :)

I'll be modifying my signature again after contest start, and again after contest finish, so it's not going to last forever.

(I'm the one running the contest ... So OF COURSE I'm going to be advertising all entries)

vrety

Lol, I can't belive that I read this entry only 2 times.
-First time is when this entry is create, I try create new banner but I don't have image and lazy to search. Then I think it don't important and forget it :barf: .
-Second time is after I summit my entry, and now I see my entry didn't use any tips that Venetia post. My entry is very boring and terrible :cry: :cry: . How is embarrassed, at that time I only think how to make a game :sad: .

This C2 contest really have too much lesson that I must learn for a game maker. Anyway, I satisfied with my game in last time.

I need to mention, now that there's only 1 hour left, even though I really didn't think this would even happen:

If your game thread is nothing but a sentence and a link, and you've made zero attempt to really participate with others in this contest on this forum,
the judges are being instructed to give you a '0' in marketing.

No hard feelings, but hopefully your game will make up for your lack of points in that category.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Seems fair to be honest, especially when there's people who've only just in the last few hours made a thread and put zero effort, I don't see why they should get anything in marketing, probably sounds harsh, but it's like you said, if you've made no attempt at all to participate, you've ONLY come to post a link and a sentence or two, you can't expect to score highly in that category...

Yeah I really didn't see it coming. Now I have to do a shitload of legwork at the last minute to ensure that they didn't start before March 3rd.

I have enough work to do here, and on top of it all, I have to smash a huge amount of work on top of the pile all at once.

Wasn't expecting these last-minute latecomers.

Sigh, have my work cut out for me here ...

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Venetia":1788jvu5 said:
If your game thread is nothing but a sentence and a link, and you've made zero attempt to really participate with others in this contest on this forum,
the judges are being instructed to give you a '0' in marketing.

Evil_Laughing_ID_by_Evil_Laugh.jpg

Realizes Im getting 0 in Audio....

nooooooo1128513771719531250.jpg

Tuna

Awesome Bro

Venetia":1plc7n13 said:
Yeah I really didn't see it coming. Now I have to do a shitload of legwork at the last minute to ensure that they didn't start before March 3rd.

I have enough work to do here, and on top of it all, I have to smash a huge amount of work on top of the pile all at once.

Needless to say, we all appreciate you for how much effort you've put into making this contest a success! Love you, Ven! :heart: :cute:

Venetia":prvd3olr said:

But you have done such a spectacular job there, Ven. Mega-Kudos! :wink:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.