Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

BrBa

hey guys so i just got finished watching the latest episode of what is honestly at this point the best television show ever. yeah, better than the wire and maybe the sopranos. honestly this show is some great fucking literature and really brings tremendous storytelling and vision to the media of the television drama. not to mention bryan cranston is fucking INCREDIBLE in:

walter-white-breaking-bad.jpg

eaking  d
Sundays at 10PM on AMC

if you haven't been watching it, then here's my summary: the show is all about a man named Walter White.

Walter White is married to a total cunt bitch named Skylar and he has a son (Walt Jr, yup) with cerebral palsy (a smart kid who knows just when and how to play up his disability and an actor who can get that point across in a natural and charming way).

Walt is a high school science teacher—formerly a REAL scientist who did cool stuff at a big company—who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico with his family. and then he is diagnosed with cancer (not spoilery: this is pilot episode stuff). this drives him to a really hardcore midlife crisis where he realizes that he will die and end up leaving his family with nothing. his sense of self and value and PURPOSE are kicked into action and he determines that he will go to any length to provide for his family.

breaking-Bad-Season-3.jpg

and this is where he meets Jesse Pinkman, a local methhead and dealer—and former student of Walt's. jesse's original partner and "cook" gets busted, and walt offers up his science expertise in order to make some mad stax. so the two team up and become a meth-cooking and selling team. hijinks ensue.

so for a while Breaking Bad was about Walt and Jesse cooking meth and the trouble it gets them into:

breaking-bad-review-season-3jpg-d626ff1e75b3ab32_large.jpg

but then they start to get REALLY good at it, and they end up getting into the business really deep. Not to mention that all the characters are undergoing tremendously well-written development throughout the entire story:

walter white becomes a stone hard gangster.

as the story progresses, walt and jesse climb the power ladder of the Albuquerque meth trade. their operation starts to get really big. Walter's good what what he does—very good—and makes the best meth the world has ever seen. it gets the attention of the DEA—Walt's brother-in-law Hank is an agent—who are on the hunt for Walter's street alias: Heisenberg.

they also get the attention of gus:

110714breakingbad1.jpg

gus is big. a big-time motherfucking businessman and boss crime lord for the entire southwestern United States. and by the time walt becomesa total G and the primary supplier of meth to Gus's entire operation, our protagonist has a LOT OF SHIT on his plate.

imo the latest episode was awesome. awesome showcase of walter's development on the road to pure evil. he's distancing himself from everybody but he is'nt doing any illogical: in fact imo that's the greatest trait of his character (and i think the trait that leads to his defining hubris) he is a rational and logical man and expect others to be the same. here's the problem with that: he's only rational and logical as things relate to him, a trait that we watched him develop as he plunged himself into this criminal world, expecting to die of cancer some time ago—but beating it.

so we now know that the series has a final episode count and there will be a definite ending, and I couldn';t be happier. a show like this needs a real ending, and i'm glad that they're building towards definite conclusion (which, I think thematically and structurally, needs to end with Walter's death). I would love to see him become totally evil but having amassed tremendous power in a real american gangster kind of way, to end with him having "broken bad" for good.

Oh gog YES this is ... this is just the greatest show. It easily vies with any HBO series, too, on the scale of writing and acting.

I still have not ENTIRELY caught up yet, I'm about 8 eps behind, so i will not speculate much ...

seriously though skyler is a BIIITTTTCCCHHHHH.

like in season 1 and most of season 2, i could totally understand most of her reactions. she seemed to care and she reacted to things pretty much the way anyone'd expect a regular housewife to act when presented with this sort of predicament.

but then when she started honing in on what walt was doing--and after she found out--she behaved and reacted so AWFULLY i could barely believe it.

like ok I GET IT he's MAKING DRUGS and that's pretty shitty, especially considering your son and his profession etc.

but he was DOING IT ALL FOR THE FAMILY and it doesnt matter how you FEEL about it, if you're even a SEMI-DECENT wife you'll want to like, i dont know, ASK QUESTIONS? or be even a little interested in WHY your husband, who had always been a straight-laced motherfucker thus far, would turn to something like this?

and then she bangs her boss and ugh god dude i srs hate the fuck out of skyler right now

can't even talk ANY of it out and instead acts like a giant bitch the ENTIRE TIME so walt Jr. is always just like "wtf dude i have palsy i dont deserve this horse crap"

i can't believe nobody else is posting in this thread. if i made a topic about a ff game or the latest animes or something it'd get a million replies but the greatest piece of literary television since the wire gets pretty much ignored.

except by ven you rock. :3

today's sunday so new episode tonight. after last week's ending it's time for some shit to go down

Jason

Awesome Bro

I've seen this advertise a lot and would probably watch it just for Bryan Cranston lol, even though if I did watch it I wouldn't be able to help myself but I'd be imagining him as Hal from Malcolm In The Middle, lol.

Okay, I just saw this thread and the fact that the main character is like one of my fav actors ever, and the premise seems like uber cool and

I just watched two episodes
that was really, really cool.

Yeah, this is another one of those shows that's on my list of Things I've Been Meaning To Watch But Haven't Yet so I'll probably get around to it sometime in the future whenever that may be. Whenever. When. Ever.

moog

Sponsor

lucht pecht":1kh8g94q said:
i can't believe nobody else is posting in this thread. if i made a topic about a ff game or the latest animes or something it'd get a million replies but the greatest piece of literary television since the wire gets pretty much ignored.

today's sunday so new episode tonight. after last week's ending it's time for some shit to go down

oops i actually posted in this thread but my internet fucked up!

this show is fantastic, and it is pretty much the best show on tv. cranston's acting is phenomenal, as is paul's. the pacing is great and the characters are so dynamic, it just makes you want to keep watching more. I first saw this when a marathon came on and let me tell you i didnt leave my tv

oh god i saw the last ep of season 3 and ... holy fuck dude. hol.y.fuck.

season 4 is still going so i am waiting until it is done so i can watch all eps back-to-back. holy crap. i can't bear to wait a week between eps with THIS sort of suspense :(.

lucht pecht":3bdeqcal said:

i wish i had more time to invest in watching tv, but between community, parks & rec and mad men, my tv watching space simply isn't big enough!!

Spoo

Sponsor

Just watched the pilot episode and I'm probably going to get hooked soon enough.

Thanks, Des, for getting me addicted to yet another show :thumb:

Anski

Sponsor

I love this show, oh so much. Oddly enough I had just finished the first episode because I saw it on Netflix when I saw this thread, and i'm already hooked.

Anski

Sponsor

Juan J. Sánchez":2b1j92mg said:
Well, to be honest BrBa is kind of cryptic, so at first I just skipped it. I actually just clicked it because Barium Bromide is not a correct chemical compound.

Also i'm pretty sure Barium Bromide is a chemical compound. Barium Bromine, BaBr as written up top is not, but Barium Bromide, as you wrote it, BaBr2, is. .-.

OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME OTHER PEOPLE ARE CAUGHT UP BECAUSE THE LATEST EPISODE JUST FFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

honestly the best television series ever made. There's a line in one review I read that claimed that "It’s a brilliantly conceived drama about the cost of greed and the illusion of control." and I cannot agree more. Fucking perfect. This is the artistic storytelling medium of television at its finest.

No I can't watch super awesome shows like this or Dexter etc. without letting the season run its course and then watching them back to back afterwards :x

They drive me insane while i wait for the next week's :x

Anski":2txjvbj3 said:
Juan J. Sánchez":2txjvbj3 said:
Well, to be honest BrBa is kind of cryptic, so at first I just skipped it. I actually just clicked it because Barium Bromide is not a correct chemical compound.

Also i'm pretty sure Barium Bromide is a chemical compound. Barium Bromine, BaBr as written up top is not, but Barium Bromide, as you wrote it, BaBr2, is. .-.

Yes, you're right on that. I took Chemistry in Spanish, and sometimes I get confused translating.

e

Sponsor

watching this with my girlfriend right now, and it is by far the best show on tv at the moment, at least in terms of storytelling, even though it has me raging at times (i.e.: jesse is an amazingly well written character, but fuck i want to punch him; walter is equally amazing, but sometimes his decisions are fffffuuuuuu :mad:). some episodes are pretty depressing though, very bleak stuff...but then the next episode is fucking conceit, a sustained, overly complex metaphor contained into a tiny thing: a fly. a whole episode spent on a fucking fly: amazing (no sarcasm).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.