Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Blogs

I went to begin implementing user blogs when I realised it's already there, just in a less accessible way.

Basically the only difference between a forum and a blog is that in a blog, you can read the post before you click the link to that post. A blog with comments is just a forum, in essence.

So all we have to do is tweak the search system to provide essentially what a blog would provide.

Now, if you go to your profile: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=282 you can view your blog. It's just a different way of viewing your posts in the Development Blogs board basically. If you've ever added a development blog post to a game it will appear there, or you can make orphaned individual posts straight to the dev blogs board.

That way your "blog" content appears in a blogroll.

Any thoughts on how this could be done better?

Personally I already have several blogs I (loosely) maintain that totally aren't in my signature, nope never!

So it wasn't that I thought the system was bad it was just kinda redundant with blogger around.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.