Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Blizz ABS] Call Hotkeys Menu from Regular Menu

Sooth

Sponsor

Using Blizz ABS v 2.84, I intend to get rid of the Blizz ABS pre-menu entirely (no need for AI behavior etc) and incorporate Hotkeys Configuration as a button on the regular Menu.

To start out, I am going into Scene_Menu and under def_main to change the command window and added something along the lines of...

s7 (or whichever number) = "Hotkeys" yadda yadda

... then I understand that I need to scroll down a ways and put in a "when 7 # Hotkeys", etc.

What I need is:

What do I put in here in order to call the Blizz ABS Hotkey Configuration menu? And do I need to add or change anything to make it so that, when I exit the Hotkey menu, the game defaults back to the regular Menu screen instead of going back to the Blizz Premenu or crashing?

Much appreciated

$scene = Scene_Hotkeys.new

I'd have to study it a bit more. When I cancel it goes back to the map. And if I try to change the scene back the menu it goes to the pre-menu instead. So there's an override somewhere I think.

Man, I can not figure the last part out. Do you already have the pre-menu disabled? I don't see how it goes from the pre-menu to the main menu. In the pre-menu process, selecting menu only makes $game_temp.in_battle = false
I've tried using that, but there must be more to it.

Sooth

Sponsor

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to look at this. I didn't think I'd get a response so quickly!

EDIT: That solution works wonderfully for me. I am OK with it going back to the map. I decided to use a common event where pressing a button will call the hotkeys menu from the map, so that's convenient.

An added bonus would be if there's something I can easily put inside of Scene_Menu that will cause the main menu to be called when the Hotkey menu is closed. That way, the player will default back to the menu if they call Hotkeys from the menu, but only if. I will consider the matter resolved even without, though.

Yep, I do have a script in place that disables the pre-menu completely. Here is the script I am using. I have placed it right below the bulk of Blizz' script, above Main, and changed the disable premenu line to "True."

Here is what I now have starting at line #162-ish in Scene_Menu:

when 5 # hotkeys
# Access the hotkey menu
$scene = Scene_Hotkeys.new
when 6 # end game
# Play decision SE
$game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
# Switch to end game screen
$scene = Scene_End.new

If it can easily be done, great. If not, there's no need to worry over it from here as I consider it well-functional with it going back to the map.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.