Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Black and White

I'm really enjoying Black! I love that even though its the same intro as every other game, they poke fun at how repetitive it is and such. The pokemon are all a fair bit more enjoyable, even if they are a bit silly. At least in the start, I haven't found any pokemon that is particularly silly except Sawk. I don't think Pokemon should resemble humans in any way; Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee were different enough but Sawk just looks like Grover in a Karate Gi.

It did crash on me, which I think was a problem with my DSi. I was getting up from the couch and it shook and froze. I was just about to do the fight to get Victini (two badges, in the third badge city) but had not saved since just after the first badge. Which was silly, but at least when I went back I found some Pokemon I hadn't caught yet (specifically the first set of cave pokemon.)

I don't know if this is from other games, but they added something where the grass with pop up and shake in a certain spot, or a cloud of dust will violently shake in a cave. If you manage to get to this spot before getting in another encounter, you will fight against a wild pokemon in that area that otherwise wouldn't spawn. They are similar in rarity I suppose to Pikachu in the first forest of Blue/Red/Green, and Clefairy/Jigglypuff between the first badge gym and the cave. I have managed to find three so far, although I didn't ever see it until Route 3, so I may have to go back to Route 1 and Route 2 to see if there are specials there, too.

The restriction to just current-gen Pokemon until late in the game is great. I much more enjoy catching and training new pokemon than the same old ones as I am not a Pokemon Meta-Gamer.

My team before I crashed was Smuggle (Snivel), Blitzle, Panpour, Pansear, Timburr, and Pidove. Now that I have crashed, though, I have Smuggle (Snivel), Blitzle, Panpour, Drilbur, Audino, and Pidove.

Black and White was a weird game. I remember sitting there petting the tiger and things like that and being confused for most of the game. Oh, and building villages and shit to fight against other villages e3e

Fusty

Sponsor

I've been playing a bit of Pokémon Black lately, so far I'm not impressed, for some reason I just don't really like the new Pokémons.
So far I haven't encountered one which made me think: I MUST HAVE THAT!! (Don't like the starters either)
Idk, it might get better since I'm not that far into the game yet.

I found this one disappointing. 3v3 battles were not that interesting, the forced feature of using friends to keep Black City/White Forest maintained was rather annoying, and I didn't find many of the new Pokemon all that interesting. I remember GameFreak stating that this would be the first Pokemon game with a solid storyline that would change from the norm. The storyline was the exact same thing from every other game with a generic RPG twist that has also been done in a previous title or two in some fashion.

Also, the amount of pointless legendary Pokemon is ridiculous. It is pretty graphically at least.

I really like Victini, but I haven't seen the late game pokemon and evolutions yet. Audino was neat when I found him, but once I found out he didn't level I was kinda eh on it (plus he didn't have a very good nature for the type of pokemon he was.)

I get lost in the big 3D city thing (Celestia or something i dunno) but found it really cool. Especially the "Manhattan" bridge.

Yay caught Victini.

I'm finally caught up with where I was before I lost my data. I did a bit more grinding this time.

Currently my team is:

Victini, Servine, Blitzle, Pidove, Tympole, and Timburr.

urgh, the b/w carts seem to be incompatible with my router's encryption, despite the fact that the dsixl is :| I mean hgss couldn't either but really

(it's fine because I can just probably get my hands on a store distribution cart image... but still ugh)

hey guys, if you are playing pokemon white or black just pass your friendcode here so we can do some trading~

Im getting pokemon black I think because it has the pokemon that I like more but just send it everyone's way~

I'm gonna be getting Pokemon White tomorrow but due to an incredibly busy schedule I probably won't be playing it until next weekend :(

Which is fine though because I have yet to come up with an interesting naming scheme for my dudes. Thinking basing them off of famous book or movie characters because I'm lame like that vOv

I'm probably the only person in the world that bought the pokemon black bundle what with 3ds coming out this months (i just really dont care about the 3ds), so i'll be forcing myself to play a lot of pokemon to warrant the purchase.

Guys, first pokemon game ever: should I buy black or white?

I've played them before just not extensively, and borrowing other people's gba for a sec or in virtualboy which sucked.

Anski

Sponsor

I have to mirror this same question. Is there any real notable difference? I flipped a coin when deciding between Gold & Silver Ruby & Sapphire Diamond & Pearl Firered & Leafgreen HeartGold & SoulSilver, should this be any different?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.