Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Bistian: Unnamed Roguelike [~124/101h] "Awesome"

So I just saw that you put this forum up already. My bad.

So, what I've done so far:
- a map without generation
- frameworks for creatures and items
- a buggy lighting system

Time to rewrite this lighting system.

98cdc2c51729738a5e7e9fe2acc284e7.png

Light on Tiles and Atoms.

I just implemented throwing and a scrolling messagebox at the bottom. (might have it saved somewhere and shown in a scrollable extra dialogue on keypress)
Can't wait to get to building and stuff.
Aside from that, I noticed that I didn't put how many hours per day I worked on this so far.
I don't remember exactly, so I'll just start documenting that from now on.

+4 hours

You'd bet I'd get something done in 16 hours of work.
And I did, any mob or item is now read from files. Also, any intrinsic and 'function' (Container for Bodypart Actions and Interactions)
Also added an untested method to add bodyparts to mobs. Moddable.

3f6b9d4705ac5695d2e214f1431b9f19.png

1bc36b6205a4623b4ebba5f992122120.png

Need I say more? There's also this cool libtcod chess I made, with Voice Recognition and Multiplayer Mode.

I did not keep track how many hours I actually did. So I'm going to average it.
I spent about five hours per day programming my game, because I wanted to present it for our Open Day.
So yeah, that's about 85 hours. Making roughly 124 hours.
I will update my post with an indepth description of what exactly I added to my Roguelike when I come back from Math Lessons.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.