Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Been looking to make a 2 person multiplayer game (online).

I know, I know. I'm gunna get shot. ':| I've looked up netplay plus, its master thread, and many tutorials related to it. About the most helpful thing I found was that if you weren't a god at scripting, you're ****ed. That or whatever process was described lost me at some point. I've also registered at freemysql (I think it was) and opened the SQL folder (within server folder) for NP+, but I guess I made an error in the config file, as it always comes down to the no server message.
I've made this post as a last resort. I've been looking to make a 2person (turn based) RPG and before choosing RPG Maker XP checked MANY other game makers, and really only liked this one.

What I want to know is, is netplay the only thing for online gameplay with RMXP? I may've heard a few things whisper by, but not much to go off of. I would gladly use my own pc for the server, but if there is nothing that can do this on RMXP, and no one is willing to help me, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction (another game maker).

My goal was to make a nice little game for me and a friend to play, that was an RPG, and preferrably a tactical one (like ZTBS, which rocks, btw). Games that inspired me- Final Fantasy Tactics, and a distant second-Advance Wars. It is disheartening to be shot down at this stage, as other makers I researched had a very easy online function (though lacked nice RPG elements). I can do a lot of nice things with this one, if I could just get it to be multiplayer.

Any aid that puts me closer to my goal would be greatly appreciated, and lets keep it civil in here, if you're the angry type, you needn't post here. Again, I have put about 5-7hours a day for a few days now trying to figure this thing out, and have gone through MANY sources. This is NOT an I'm too lazy to "search" post.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.