Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battler Exchange When 0 HP

[SOLVED]

Hey, in my game I've manage to create a somehow functional summon-addon in the default battle system. When you use the skill "Summon" you call forth a character which replaces the "Summoner" (just like Final Fantasy X).
But my problem is, when the "summon" reach 0 HP I want it to be replaced by the "summoner" again, instead of the Game Over screen slowly appearing... and apparently, that is very hard for me to make ':|

I need to know where and how I would script this in the RGSS.
I've tried making it call a common-event when the "summon" dies, but it never gets executed in time before game over screen... :(

Any help would be appreciated...

thanks for the help, but unfortunatly the script wont work with my non-default battle script. I fixed the problem though.
If you delete Judge (or the part of if, which gameover you if defeated) you can manually create a battle event, which activates game over if your hero has 0% left. This way you get to active battle events before gameovers.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.