Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Atrium of Silence: Armageddon

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Teh sequel. Original game and additional info can be found HERE.

I would recommend playing the original first. You get a hand for what the game's like. This one is way harder...so you may want to get a feel for the style.

Basically, we have another long string of difficult-as-heck battles with a very intense battle system and heavy awesome music.

In this one, you control the descendents of the original 4 heroes. After a cataclysmic war, the Atrium of Silence is destroyed. You must restore it.

The difficulties aren't screwed up here, btw.

This is only part people NEED to read before playing this game. Here goes.

This game is hard. Like, throw your keyboard out the window and flamethrower your monitor hard. You WILL die. If you don'tt, you WILL die on hard mode. Easy mode is killer enough, I didn't even wanna try Hard mode (I did, and couldn't get past boss 8...).
There's a secret code for beating hard mode. Post it here for special awardz.

There's a lot of music and battlers. The demo might take a bit longer.

I believe there are 15 bosses in this one. The first is basically a tutorial, you won't even get hurt >_>.

HAVE FUN

Screenshot of the First Boss:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/ ... screen.jpg[/IMG]

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5EGDRWHF

This game is hard. Like, throw your keyboard out the window and flamethrower your monitor hard. You WILL die. If you don'tt, you WILL die on hard mode. Easy mode is killer enough, I didn't even wanna try Hard mode (I did, and couldn't get past boss 8...).

That doesn't sound fun at all. Nobody's going to download this. Change the game.

Uh...sorry dude...but plenty of people played the first one.

It's plenty fun.

download it yourself and stop sounding stupid.

He is right though. Difficult games doesn't more fun games. It won't puzzle the player, it will instead irritate the player and just stop playing in all.

I would suggest perhaps lowering the difficulty a bit. Easy mode something that first time players can get through fairly easily. (For example, the first boss only having like 2 magic spells, while in hard more he has more HP, more spells, and is generally harder) But, if it's all too difficult the game can get aggravating after a while. :/

His games are nothing but a series of battles and you're just supposed to figure out how to beat them. Dumbing the games down would be the opposite of what he's trying to achieve.

Dude, why are you even making the game that hard if you can't beat it yourself? That's stupid, if you can't beat it yourself then why do you expect others to do so?

Wow... Of all the crap I've seen posted in the early projects forum, this is just... Pathetic. What is this game about anyway? Just a bunch of battles? This is REALLY disappointing.

Diedrupo;317065 said:
His games are nothing but a series of battles and you're just supposed to figure out how to beat them. Dumbing the games down would be the opposite of what he's trying to achieve.

Well maybe if he had posted ANY INFORMATION about the project we'd have known that.

Solid Bro;317169":2t1oe9iw said:
Well maybe if he had posted ANY INFORMATION about the project we'd have known that.

Yeah, you're right. However, the original game (this is a sequel) in completed projects has all of that info.

Xephyr14, you need a link to the original game thread so people who haven't played it can try it first or read about it.

Okay, sorry.

But diedrupo nailed it guys. The whole purpose of these games are to challenge the player, and to figure out how to defeat the boss. And maybe if you looked for the first one, you wouldn't have these questions.

I'll edit the firszt post to have the information you are looking for, and has anyone even played this game yet? Easy mode is easy enough that I beat it without dying. Hard mode, I beat yesterday, but with very much difficulty.

EDIT: a mod already edited the first post. thanks.

Now, before you start dissing this game, read that and p[lay the first one. this is only a little side project anyways.

Secret Code: A13L705D
(Post this at RMXP.org or Creation Asylum for a
special award!)

Perhaps you should encrypt your game if you're planning something like this...?

o.o whoops

Well, Jaberwocky and his 1337 pwnage game (ninja penguins win) win the prize...as soon as I get it. I didnt expect it so fast (even if you didnt even earn it...XD)

xephyr14;317488":2112sqf3 said:
o.o whoops

Well, Jaberwocky and his 1337 pwnage game (ninja penguins win) win the prize...as soon as I get it. I didnt expect it so fast (even if you didnt even earn it...XD)

You should just change the code and reupload an encrypted version.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.