Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ARC I: OMEN & THE FOREMAN

ARC I: OMEN & THE FOREMAN

Long ago, when the first set of Aremexpi sprites arrived in Harbinger, they eventually figured out how to get to the Nether. They started to build a second city there. The Nether gate was located in a room within the sprawling palace basement.

arcI-01.png

Part way through the construction of this new city, the war between the WWVS and PPGM flared up worse than ever. Tensions ran high, and even Sprocket--which had been considered neutral ground--began to fester with hate and discontent.

All of this negative energy, it seems, fueled the Nether. Ghasts and Blazes flared up in huge numbers, and began to hunt down and destroy the Sprites working on the city. The hate and anger manifested themselves into a sort of demon spirit, which was absorbed into the foreman at the construction site. The rock and dirt went red like blood and most the creatures of the world morphed into ghoulish looking things (before all of this, ghasts looked like friendly marshmallows, and shot sparkles!).

arcI-02.png

That foreman, who called himself ... The Foreman, rained destruction down on the burgeoning city. He caused lava to spew up from the center of the world, creating an ocean of magma, which even poured down from the sky.

arcI-03.png

The Foreman destroyed nearly all the Sprites living in the city, and the few that were left managed to seal up the portal, just in time.

On the other side, in Sprocket, the Sprites had no choice but to seal up this portal's room, and make a complicated puzzle to keep future Sprites from figuring out how to get back there. They named the lost city Omen.

The Foreman's body died in time, but the spirit of it seemed to fade. When all the Harbinger Sprites mysteriously died out, it could only wander around and feel lost.

But now that Harbinger has been re-populated, and now that the war between clans has begun anew, The Foreman's spirit has been revitalized!

Glitchfinder, the Captain of the White Wolves, had created a portal one day, where he thought none of the Purple Pigmen would find him. He figured that he could use it as a means of storing his clan's secret cache of supplies.

When he entered, he heard a voice call out to him: "So, kid, you want to destroy all those damn pigmen? You want to rule it all?"

Glitchfinder, shocked, uttered, "Of course I do! But who are you? W ... What is th---"

And before he could finish his sentence, the contract was sealed, and Glitchfinder was consumed ...

Meanwhile, in Sprocket, Venetia MacGyver, the Pharaoh, was overwhelmed by an evil premonition (Pharaohs, of course, are always in-tune with anything happening in or around the world).

She had read of the prophecy in the Royal Library, and knew that there was now something extremely EVIL among the populace of Sprocket.

In a hurry, she flew to action. She gave Vizier Perihelion a stack of print-out copies, to be handed out to the populace, which looked like this:

arcI-drawing.png

She had found it in one of the royal books-- it suggested that this design would lead to salvation.

On the backs of each of the hand-outs was written:

TWO PARTS NETHERBRICK ... TWO PARTS LIGHTSTONE ... ONE PART DIAMOND ... ONE PART GOLD ... ONE PART ENDROCK ... ONE PART OBSIDIAN ... SPANNING FROM MAGMA TO CEILING ...
ENDROCK IN CORKSCREW FASHION AROUND ...
ENCLOSURE, WITH PORTCULLIS ... MADE OF GLASS, SURROUNDED BY WATER, ENSCONCED BY LIGHTSTONE ...
DESIGN TO TRAP THE ULTIMATE EVIL ...

In turn, she also posted a set of new rules, all of which were punishable by jailtime! Jailtime, which would last until her premonition would fade ... If it ever will!

What will the citizenry of Sprocket do to escape this horrid fate???

[more to come as more information is unlocked ... !]

Hey Ven, I've got a couple questions!

1. Can we use other materials? I'm thinking netherrack would look really nice.
2. Are you pitching in for materials? I mean, if you're asking us to make a huge structure with a ton of diamond and gold, where's it coming from? I don't know about everyone else, but I don't have a lot and am saving mine for my own projects.

Hey Peri, I've got a couple answers!

1. Yes, you can use other mats as well, as decoration etc. Its main construction should be the listed mats in the approx. quantities listed, but for embellishments or decorations, go nuts.
2. Yeah I was hoping to have people participate in little (or big) events, and reward them with stacks of needed mats--in addition to everyone working together and combining mats. My recommendation would be to plonk some chests down somewhere in the area, designated to hoarde blocks for the construction site only.

If you're worried about people dipping into it for their own personal gain, note that I CAN monitor peoples' activity in the logs, and view their inventories & balances, so it shouldn't be hard to figure out who the jerk cheaterpants was (and punish them severely!!!).

And on the same topic, Glitch is working on a big giant event here, and when it's done, it will end up handsomely rewarding the participants with stuff for the project. :D

I was working on the tree, and I lagged into the lava and died and lost a bunch of stuff. :( Is there any chance you can give it back?

I had, let me see, two L50ish diamond picks (one of which had silk touch), half a stack of glowstone, about three stacks of netherbrick, about five stacks of netherrack, some yellow and light blue wool, uh, I think that was all the major stuff. Edit: Wait, I seem to be missing my high-level armor too?! :( I didn't think I was wearing it, but I can't find it now...

Well anyway, the only thing I can't replace on my own is the levels, so :S

I'm building a safety net so this doesn't happen again.

Little question bout the 1mil lots.
Whats meant with the deposit?
Whats the space? is it really the wing of the "spawn"?

Other than that, im actually interested in buying the second one, the other one is reserved by Glitch if i recall correctly.. But i will talk more about that wen some of my questions are answerd

Btw, nice increase in prices :eek:
A lot higher than assumed, but that will keep things lively

The 1mil lots require the buyer to be able to show that they have 2million in their wallets. The "deposit" is only my way of saying that you need to show that, after buying the lot, you will have 1 million to spend on building on your lot.

These aren't places that I will allow you to get away with basic wood planks and cobblestone -- it needs to be finely appointed.

And you would get the entire wing of the Basilica: everything from the corner to just beyond the edge of the balcony, and then the entire vertical expanse, from lava to bedrock ceiling.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.