Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Aqua'os: Tears of the Ocean

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Getting ready to play this, but I've yet to see any info on battle systems.  Not that it matters all that much, but still.  Does it use the default?  Or what?

er, yes it uses default with a miniscule tweak. However this demo is more of a show of story and graphics so if you are looking to play for the battle system, alas this demo is default. I am searching for one that'd have all that I am looking for.

beatiful demo, lovely artwork, absolutley LOVED the end credits! Keep up the excellent work!
B.T.W do the end credits ever end or does it just loop that AMAZING scene?

Sorry for the extremely late reply @_@ er..no it just loops for as long as you want it to ..I have nooooo idea why I did it that way, I need to have it end...

Update time!!!!!

Working on some side quests/ objectives for each major town/kingdom.
Some will be mandatory to finish in order to procede with the game and some are optional.

This is for Timbrief Adventi- the first screen is for the objective selection.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225 ... screen.png[/img]

This is the character selction screen
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225 ... ection.png[/img]

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225 ... ection.png[/img]
each character is either a good choice, bad choice, or neutral choice for each objective. You can look at their level of each kinesis and basic strength and then choice who you think could finish it. Not everyone will be able to to finish so you will have to think carefully about your choice. Just in case you have no idea the little circle at the bottom right screen for the color. Red- bad choice; Yellow- neutral choice; green- Great choice.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225 ... tgreen.png[/img]

Looks like the systems are coming along nicely! I really like that corner graphics there. The texts in them don't seem to be very clear, though, is it because of the screenshot saving or?

Arigato Reives! And which words aren't clear enough? Is it the kinesis lvl box, the objective box on the character select screen, or the objective select screen.

The new screenshot looks lovely.  I think it's really creative how you altered the original RTP to make the indoor plants, they really add to the room. 

@Zwark0: Ohhhh. Well I took a look and whilst the first screen is blurred is because I screenshot it as it was changing to the next objective (it was in mid fadeout for the first objective and fadein for the second), I do think it may because it's black letters outlined in lighter blue gradient, I think I'll just change it to the white outline over black to make sure it's readable.

@Missmatcha: Thankies^^

Ah, I just meant that all the texts in general seem to be "stretched" or something. It's almost as if the screenshot was resized in paint, except only the text is affected. D: It's rather strange. I think it has more to do with the screenshot than actual in-game.

I know that I've put this game on hiatus for some time now.
*looks at date of last post* 3 months...yesh.

I've been doing a lot more in my artwork, trying to get at a more improved level and doing a lot of commisioned work for others to help them out in their game.

I also am currently working on a another sci-fi tileset for public use.

But in the wake of being reminded that I really shouldn't leave this on the shelf too to long, (otherwise I'll forget)

I've returned to working on this still on the side, along side a prequel to the game called the Phoenix Star Chronicles
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/Kiearaphoenix/PhoenixStarTitle-1.png[/img]

Now that I think I have more a feel for animation and re-tiling with the recently error fixed tileset AND have moved on towards mapping more of the underwater kingdom of Atlantia and Oceania (a brief look can be seen in the demo when Taelia has her flashback)

-started on another "animation-like" cut scene with a little more history on exactly how Merrik and Isolde meet each other and Aqua.

-still searching for the script that would allow for weapons and armor to have a "personality" and react to it's host treatment of it (they having a symbiotic relationship) also one that'd do the same for members in your party; depending on a players choice of treatment, it will increase or decrease, attacks, efficency, power, etc. it is too hard for me to event it at this point, unless someone has a better idea how to do this...>.> enlighten me, I BEG you.

-working on spriting a tileset for another kingdom/city in the game, one not introduced in the demo or in screenshots.

-and as always doing lots of research to make the game more feasible, or at least believable for the world it exists in.

Anywho, sorry no real "visual" treats yet, but look forward to some getting out in the next month or so,

Thanks for your patience and support ^_~

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.