Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Apparition - Ghouls, Ghosts & Guns =]

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Hey guys!

I posted this the day before the hack attempt, So I got the topic deleted so i could start fresh when I was ready, and now I am. I've updated it with a few recent modifications, but it's nothing too different from the first. I'd appreciate any feedback, but there's not much of a story to comment on, really. The whole point of the game is to play it, not read it. That's the way I've always liked my gaming personally. I prefer to just get a briefing as to why the hell the character is where he/she is, a reason why the surroundings are as they are, and a reason to hate the enemies...As you can tell, I play a lot of less educational games =]

Please Note : The enemies in this publication are only a taste of what's to come. I have hundreds of drawings ready to implement, i just haven't got around to it yet. But don't worry, there will be more =P*

Anyway...Yeah, So this is Apparition. Enjoy!

http://www.glass-jaw.co.uk/pub.png[/img]
Take care,

~$t3v0

I tried to post in this a minute ago but then it just dissapeared!

I saw it before the hack but never got round to commenting on it. Looks like it will make a nice difference with a fun, simple and playable game rather than epic stories. Is it going to feature puzzles as well, and will the whole game be in the confines of the mansion?

My game starts out in a similar location - a creepy mansion, so I guess I take a further interest in this because of that.

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Hey, thanks for the reply Calibre!

In reply to your questions:

Yes, The game will contain puzzles throughout! What's a game without them, eh? I've got a few keen people giving me endless ideas of what puzzles to have, where to have them, and how to solve them...It's been great fun just planning! Even more so when it comes to putting them in game. When i scan through things, I often forget the initial puzzles and get stuck on my own game!! That's something I thought I'd never do.

As for your second question -- The majority of the game is set in the mansion I'm afraid. But it's far from small, not to mention the acres of garden that lie outside. I'm sure the outcome will be sufficient in the end.

Take care,

~ $t3v0

The mansion screenshot is fairly new, right? I don't recall seeing that in the last thread. Regardless, it looks great.

*does Jedi mind trick*

You WILL finish this.

I see a lot of project topics that make me say "Hmm...looks pretty interesting," but this is one of the few games in development that I am positive I would have a terrific time playing. I would be a very sad panda if this became, to use Ryan's term, "vaporware."

Looking forward to seeing more.

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Hey Volrath..nice to see you again.

Yeah, the mansion screenshot is the latest shot from the game, but it's not my favourite. The fire-place is all over the place, and as you can see...there are still no items, HUD or enemies present. I'll uplaod screenshots as the game progresses for sure.

I really appreciate what you said about it being one you'd enjoy playing! Especially as Master of the Wind was such a success ( and rightly so ).

As for the jedi mind-trick...It didn't work. I got myself one of those counter-chips installed into my brain, It cost me an arm and leg but it was well worth the money!

Appairition will never cease I'm glad to say. Ever since i was 8 I've dreamed of making my own game, and this is my dream you see before you. Whether it takes me years to complete, I'll not stop until my dream has come true.

Thanks for all the support matey!

~ $t3v0

I'll reserve my excitement until a demo is on the horizon. Im tired of getting excited about great looking vaporware :(

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Fair enough ryanwh. You're absolutely right in my opinion! I'll be sure not to let you down when the time comes ( maybe with a little help? ;) )

~$t3v0

Let me know where you could use a little and I'll see what I can offer, but most of what I can offer you already have covered.

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Well thanks a lot Static! But I must stop you at the point where you said the story was Wow, As it's the most breif and to the point story ever...I don't want it to be good :P

$t3v0

Hey $t3v0,

This game looks like its got the potential of becoming a really good game and would be amazing if you complete it. I like the originality where it is set in one place, I don't know why but it reminds me of Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube in a way:S

Anyways I look forward to seeing a demo for this.

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Thanks man :) I'm actually glad that it reminds you of a juvenile horror game as that was the message i was trying to get accross since day 1. I grew up with games such as zombies ate my neighbours and a more recent Grabbed by the ghoulies and both are so inspiring to me. The whole...haunted house with crafty critters is just satisfying...not to mention good fun to come up with. The best part about this game, to me...Are the ideas and implementation of characters. I love coming up with enemies and giving them certain abilities etc. Just the other night in work I had an idea for an enemy, so i quickly ran into the staff room and wrote it all down. He's now been made ready to use..the whole process is just great.

RMXP has the potential to do pretty much anything your willing to put into it. The thing that changes one game from the other is how and where you do it. Getting both of those right sets you on course to create one of the best in the industry, and a potential money-maker if you're a little skint at the weekend. You don't have to have fantastic art talent, script knowledge a mastermind with the notes...you just need a unique idea and some dedication.

Anyway, thanks for the comment :)

~ $t3v0

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Thanks a lot JD! As for the demo, Good things come to those who wait. I'm not rushing a THING. This game is the only project I'll be doing with rmxp, so i want it to be exactly how i want it. Afterwards, I'll probably stick with an automated movie series like Euphony's 'Nadir's Cannon'. But I don't know If I would want to after working on apparition for so long.

Take care,

$t3v0

You already know what I think of the whole thing. You know you're my hero, right? :D This is one of the few games I'm really, really excited for. Keep going, man! That's all I can say, really.

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Thanks a lot, Euphony! You know I will matey, I'll stick with this until the day i die ( Hopefully it won't take that long :| ).

~ $t3v0

Holy mother! This looks so good. And it does remind me of old stuff like zombies ate my neibours. But it also reminds me of a very old game I came across called Maniac Mansion. So many good projects and stuff in these forums. Wow.

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

I've never played Maniac Mansion, but from what google provides for me, I can see why it reminds you of it. There are plenty of projects better than Apparition! Mine just gets attention because of the graphics, I'd say.

~ $t3v0

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.