Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Anyone having Firefox trouble?

Kest

Since upgrading to version 1.5.0.6 of Firefox, I've been having trouble editing my posts on the forum. Clicking the 'Save' or 'Go Advanced' button simply returns no response.

It seems to work perfectly fine with IE, and I am using the same extensions/settings I was prior to upgrading, which is why I think it involves the recent release.

I've had a few weird things happen since the upgrade... like one time I hit the ' key and it took me Back in my browser history. But only in that window.

I just downloaded and installed Firefox 1.5.0.6 a few days ago.

I haven't had any real problems with it. Then again, i've only used it for a few days. I also don't post here as much as some other people, so I can't say i've had any probs. posting/editing here.

Got Mozilla version 1.7.13 and I have the same problem. I did use an earlier Mozilla browser and when I joined, I had no problems. Only for the past month have I had the same problem. I thought I may have screwed something up, so I cleaned my drive up, defragged and upgrading Mozilla to 1.7.13 would have fixed the glitch... nope.

Just like you, I cannot edit my posts with Mozilla and must use IE while in the forums. This error doesn't occur in other forums or sites while using Mozilla.

Y'know, eBay and some other sites have features that aren't geared for Mozilla. Maybe one of this site's upgrades eliminated some Mozilla/Firefox compatible code.

Nin

Sketch said:
I've had a few weird things happen since the upgrade... like one time I hit the ' key and it took me Back in my browser history. But only in that window.

Yeah same here, except it opens the Find function (ctrl+f)
And thats in a text box btw

Kest

m_artist200":3uk7c7x8 said:
I just downloaded and installed Firefox 1.5.0.6 a few days ago.

I haven't had any real problems with it. Then again, i've only used it for a few days. I also don't post here as much as some other people, so I can't say i've had any probs. posting/editing here.
darkiewonder":3uk7c7x8 said:
Works fine for me. I have the latest version of FF.
Are you two running the program on Windows? If you aren't, maybe that's it...

I got the latest fire fox, the only problem is the logout button for me. I'm only trapped in this god-forsken website for ever!! lol

Hmm, the only problem I've had with the new FF is that it turned off Java and says it isn't compatible, so I have to download it again sometime...
And the ' key also opens the search box for me, which isn't really a problem.

Editing works fine, tho...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.