Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Ancient Sun

=Ancient Sun=
http://img272.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asww4.png[/IMG]

A game by FrozenCard
and LEME

======================================================================O

A WORD FROM THE AUTHOR

Hello everyone! This is my first released game with RMXP. Here's a little information
of me and the game making:
For almost 3 years I wanted to create a game. When I discovered a program named RPG MAKER 2003 my dream came true.
I created my game, called Valykarie. Not a great game, it didn’t have minigames, a very interesting story, cool characters, a massive world to explore or sidequests. I didn’t release it to the public because I stole many things from other games.
It took me 2 months to finish making the game; it only lasted 1 hour and 30 minutes.
When I finished it, I started the second part, it was named, Valykarie II: Eternal Heavens.
I never finished it; I only made the maps and animations. I got bored of RPG MAKER 2003. But one day I was navigating on the internet and I found the newest version of the RPG MAKER, the RPG MAKER XP.
I downloaded it, and it was awesome. I started making a game with it, I was very happy with the program, it had all the things I ever wanted in the RPG MAKER 2003, 3D battle animations, better graphics, better menu, and it included a font type.
The only downside was the boring battlesystem. I loved RPG MAKER 2003’s battlesystem; it was active time and quick. The one in RPG MAKER XP was classic random turn.
When I was in the middle of my game I found out some very good things called scripts.
These babies add very cool things to the program like new battlesystems, minigames, and alternative menus.
So I started another game using a different battlesystem and a menu system. As I progressed in my game I realized that the battlesystem script didn’t let me add other cool scripts such as minigames!
So I had to leave the project and start a new one. And that happened; I started a new game this time very confident of myself, I asked help to a friend. I added a very fun battlesystem, various minigames, cool characters and lots of features.
This game was named Ancient Sun. Our new game took long time to finish it; we started it on January 14, 2006 and kept working until April 2006.
My team is just a friend and me. My friend gives me the ideas and I make them true in the game.
That’s all I have to say and I hope you like the game as much as we enjoyed making it.

INTRODUCTION

I was a hunter. I lived just aside of the great Port Arthoor. I loved my life, it was so calm. I didn't needed a job, I didn't had to pay taxes,etc. I only hunted my food, Oh my god! I remember I loved those wild boars and big birds. Everything was perfect, until... One day all the animals moved to another place, don't ask me why.
All of them? Yes, all of them. So that left me lonely and hungry. My life began to shatter when I needed money.
Why? Because I couldn't buy food from the shop! So I was surviving with mushrooms, herbs, etc.
One day the mayor came and gave me 5000 gildas. Wow, why did that happen? I don't know, he was happy or something. Anyway thanks to that I restored my health a little bit. But after a month the mayor charged me those 5000 gildas. I panicked. I didn't knew what to do, I felt horrible. Some days passed and I came with this stupid plan, I tought it would be easy, to rob a bank. How cool! Yeah, I know it sounded cool but thanks to that, I'm here. I didn't know what I was doing until the day I did it.
And what happened? , keep telling me! Oh! Police caught me. Oh no! And then? Well I escaped and left my beautiful city. I jumped into a cargo ship and left those police-idiots pissed off! Wow! And then? The ship was aiming to land on a harbor. Days passed and we didn't reach it, I knew something was bad.
Some days after the ship crashed and I survived. I woke up in a beach, my head was all foggy. I walked into some woods and kept walking until I reached this village. Hmmm... Interesting story...

STORY

It maybe sound stupid but it's true. Our world was made by 6 sacred jewels, Arphalia, Oombreua, Iddisha, Zelfinna, Abadunz and Melfiria. The gods wanted to have "things" that loved and served them. So they created first a new world with the power of these jewels. After this one of the gods, Geosgaennio created the water, then Fulsthema created the mountains, after him, Dariparlo created the plants, trees, etc. Following the creations, Huinperotzli created the sky. Finally the father of the gods, Xeus, created the humans.
The first humans were dummies, they were made with mud and rocks. They didn't had feelings. Xeus tried again, the second ones were made with wood and water, but it was a mess. The humans attacked themselves. Frustrated, Xeus tried one more time, this time he made them with water, air, fire, earth, ice, thunder, light and darkness. These humans were perfect, Xeus had made it. 35,000 years have passed since that event. Now humans have their own cities and have technology. The world is at its best. There are some people that want to learn more about the world's past. And thanks to that, they discovered how to get the 6 jewels from their respective places. So a big complot is being made by these people. Their mission, obtain the 6 jewels and bring back the ANCIENT SUN (grants 3 wishes). Returning to our hero, he is thrown into this complot by a strange man. After knwing the truth about the 6 jewels, the hero embarks on the journey to get them.
But he is not alone in this adventure, many people are looking for them so take this adventure as a race, a race to get the 6 jewels. So you'll compete with others for the jewels. Your party is not alone in the world of Ancient Sun!

CHARACTERS
Here are the characters you'll meet in the demo:
>>>>>Vahn
  • Age = 19
  • Hair = Red
  • Eyes = Blue
  • Weapon = Sword
  • Class = Hunter
  • Info = He's the main character of this story. He is an active man. He likes to show off his skills and he is not too smart. He is often confused with a woman.
>>>>>Karen
  • Age = 18
  • Hair = Green
  • Eyes = Brown
  • Weapon = Gloves
  • Class = Fighter
  • Info = She lives in the peaceful village of Sibrena with her father. When she get to know Vahn she ends fascinated with him. She guides him between the roads.

FEATURES

• RTAB Battlesystem (Upgraded)
  • Mana Learning System
  • Road System (Same thing as Pokémon Routes)
  • 8 Way Movement
  • Ring Menu
  • Alchemy System
  • Level Up System
  • Pause the game with A key

SCREENSHOTS VERSION 1

>>>>>The Road #2

>>>>>The Ship

>>>>>The Bank

>>>>>A Battle With Some Halcons

SCREENSHOTS VERSION 2

>>>>>An Early Puzzle

>>>>>Intro Port

>>>>>New Battles

RELEASES

Here is the demo version 2 of the game:
Click here to download the Demo v.2

THE WALKTHROUGH/MANUAL IT'S NOT UPDATED IN THIS VERSION

UPDATES

The recent updates from version 1 to 2 are:
  • Some minor map modifications
  • Added 10 roads more (Now there are 19)
  • Added the battle crisis system
  • Added the Enemy fusion system
  • Made more mana (evolved the past mana)
  • Made 20 new enemies
  • Added thr Weapon Mana system
  • Added the secret dungeons (miharl forest,cahfra dungeon,saffire cave)
  • Added field mana BOOM!
  • Added the Paddle trainer system and the weapon level up
  • Added the herbalism and mining systems
  • Made a major change in the battle system (overdrive,mana fusion,damage display,etc)
  • Made the customizable battle system options at the beggining
  • And many others...

KNOWN BUGS

• The crisis bar does not always erases itself after a battle
  • Some times the crisis state lasts 1 turn instead of 2-3
  • Sometimes the monsters fusion occurs when only one monster is left in battle
  • You can move freely while you cast the BOOM! Mana
  • When you walk diagonally under a cave wall, The player's feet appear over them
  • When you level up to level 5 an error appears (FIXED)
  • The 3 chests in the secret cave in Road 12 are RGSS errors
  • Karen does not dissappears after you talk to her, so the vent is infinite
  • Faffaditzlopakin is invincible
  • Chest inside the secret cave in Road 7 is a RGSS error
  • In Cliffsiden battlepoint shop, if you buy the jewel boots you get a saphire onion armor, and if you buy Vahn summon you get Karens summon
  • Some passability errors and map errors
  • In Cahfra Woods one teleportation point leads you to a wrong place
  • You can´t reach the paddle trainer in Road 6 This bug was found by Manolo
  • After the boss fights the windowskin does not change back to normal
  • Cahfra Dungeon secret stairway that leads you to Faffaditzlopakin teleports you to a wrong
  • Some font errors after some boss fights
  • if you use an Apollos feather while climbing the ropes in Cliffsiden, you will walk lock faced facing up
  • Sometimes you can learn all the manas ingame (overdrives, enemy manas,etc) This bug was found by Manolo
  • In Cliffsiden the underground cave chest gives you 2 500 000 gildas instead of 250
  • That's the list o far, please help me to make it bigger... These bugs does not ruins gameplay (just the RGSS error ones)

FIXED BUGS

I only have one fixed bug, this is thanks to crazymew and it is the fix to the When you level up to level 5 an error appears bug. Here are the steps to fix it... YOU NEED TO FIX THIS BEFORE PLAYING, OR ELSE YOUR GAME WILL CRASH

- Step #1 = Create a new folder inside Ancient Sun v.2 folder (where the audio,help,etc. folders are). Name it Graphics

- Step #2 = Now create a new folder inside the Graphics folder you just created. Name it Pictures.

- Step #3 = Now go to this site and save the picture in the Picture folder you just created : http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newmanabm6.png

- Step #4 = Change the name to the picture you just saved to New Mana!.png

Well, that's all, hope you enjoyed it! ;)

>>>>>Check for future releases!
=Character faces will change=

-House by the sea productions 2005/2006

Looks really interesting.

I'm downloading the demo right now.

When I finish I'll post what I think of it.

I wish you good luck on this.

Keep it up.

Bryta

Hmmm... downloaded your demo, but I got some kind of error involving the AMS. Are all the fonts there or is it just me beeing an idiot?

Hello everyone, finally I added my game to this great forums :D !
Now, Version 2 is very big, version 1 is nothing compared to this one. With the many different add ons and features I think I created a fun and different feeling in the game.

@Delmaschio = Thanks a bunch man! I tried very hard on making this baby cool! I hope you liket! :D

@Bryta = Exactly what error do you get? I think you just need to move the fonts from the fonts folder in the dmeo to your fonts folder in the windows folder :S (kind of confusing) If that does not helps please post the error, thanks:)

@J street = Yes I remember your posts in RMXP.net! I was so glad with the people there, this version is more cooler that v1. Oh! I modified the dialogue completely just how you told me, and the story changed a bit too.
Thanks man and see you around this game post :lol:

Love ya'
-FrozenCard

Wow, very, VERY nice game.

I haven't gotten very far yet, but I liked what I saw. Nice mapping.

I liked how the battle music changed every battle, keeps things fresh. Battles are a bit hard though.

god i love the info. screen... very nice... i also LOVE the menu screen! this game is quite original!

edit: the ONLY thing i dont like is that the monsters are INSANE!... too powerfull... still good tho...

edit(again): i DO love the save anywhere feature... VERY usefull...

edit(yet again):i played it untill i leveled up too much... it said it couldnt find new mana and crapped out... but its a very good demo... keep up the good work!

I can't help but feel that the six jewels unlocking the Ancient Sun to grant power for three wishes has parallels to four elemental stars unlocking the Golden Sun to grant unlimited power :S Anyway, I liked the layout of the maps in the screenshots and the battle system looks great.

Hello everyone! :) I hope you doin' fine! ^.^
I feel very happy for your opinions on my game :D ! I worked hard for this and I think I obtained what I wanted. Thanks to everyone that posted their opinion, I am extremely grateful with all of you :lol: !

@crazymew = Thanks a lot man, I like you liked my battles ;) ! Yes I remember you from RMXP.net, well I had a little favor to ask you...
Could you post the error you got after you leveled too much and it said you couldn't learn new mana :S ? Anyway thanks for your support and I will keep in mind the insane monsters...
TIP = The monsters are hard at the beggining but when you level up they will be a piece of cake

@Flash = Thanks man, Yes I like that battle music thing too :lol: ! Well just as a tip (read the tip above), this is good for the insane battles at the beggining. Oh! I know you're reviewer and a good one! I read your review about the robot japanese game (kerberos something...) and it was very good. I just want to ask you a little little favor... If you got time, could you review my game demo :$ ? I want my game to be reviewed by you, specially you!
I'll keep in touch, and thabks again! :D

@Hydrolic = Thanks a bunch, yeah she is farah from tales of destiny 2 or tales of eternia. I like those aprites, my friend LEME got them and we decided to put them in the game :D ! See ya'

@Roman Candle = Ooops! You caught me :$ ! Hahaha, it was a joke. My game is very inspired by the Golden Sun Saga. I played both of them and got this super fun feeling with them, so I tried anything to make my game like golden sun. I know the title is cheesy but it has something to do with the story. What the Ancient Sun causes may change (I feel that 3 wishes thing is a ittle bit cliched). Thanks and download the game, post your opinion and compare it with golden sun :lol: !

@Aran = Well, I like the screens too :D! Of course I'll keep it up, but anyway, thanks for the support! Now download the demo and play it to your death (i always wanted to say that :D ) Thanks and see you around!

Love ya' all
-FrozenCard

Hello everyone! I hope you doin' fine :D
Well, crazymew found a big bug in the game. When you leveled up to level 5 you'll learn an OverDrive and the game will show a picture. I forgot to add the picture, so here's the fix!

- Step #1 = Create a new folder inside Ancient Sun v.2 folder (where the audio,help,etc. folders are). Name it Graphics

- Step #2 = Now create a new folder inside the Graphics folder you just created. Name it Pictures.

- Step #3 = Now go to this site and save the picture in the Picture folder you just created : http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newmanabm6.png

- Step #4 = Change the name to the picture to New Mana!.png

Well that should fix the bug, please keep posting your opinions and remeber this bug was found by crazymew, thanks to him and to all of you! :lol:

Love ya'
-FrozenCard

Anonymous

My God!! good rpg game;) i still donot clear it but I have reached cliffsiden and I have to admit it is the best village i ever played on any game!
just 2 bugs i found you canot take the padddle trianer in road 6 because some map plant does not let me pass.
i can learn all manas in game sometimes, enemy manas overdrives and summons :D
thanks fr the game

My god! I just realized that Ancient Sun Demo v.2 is infested with bugs ':| !
Anyway, none of the bugs ruin gameplay, but you can get frustated...

@Manolo = Thanks for the comments! I know Cliffsiden is cool to explore.
Ohhh, more bugs nooo! Thanks anyway!

Well, thats for today!

Love ya´
-FrozenCard

Stop being an attention whore FrozenCard. Keep in mind that there have been a many of games that have effort put in them. The problem lies in finishing said games. When people become attention whores then they tend to work on the game less and less and worry more about how many post they get in their topic.

Sorry for posting that, I was worried people ignored my game. I was being selfish...
I know it sounds bitchy...
Well, I will keep up working with my game :D !
Thanks for the tip J street and sorry for the attention whore thing ':|

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.