Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Ameth I 1.1 (MI) Released

Dead content awaiting restoration.

What is the best thing with this project ?

• The Story

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Maps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Characters

• The Names

• The Music

• The Size (8 hours gameplay)

• Influens to other games

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sidequests

• The Titlescreen

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPGS":3ctk23uj said:
Okay don´t play it ! You´ll miss a great adventure however, must you bother the mapping THAT much ?

Not really... But if everything is summed up it is plain horrible. I can deal with bad maps but not with bad everything.

Sry but it looks like your not really takeing to well to constructive critisizm. Spelling can be tollerable but it just seems a little lazy when you dont just take a quik trip to google to correct a few words. The story seems like every other 12 year old fantasy worl where some bad guys are looking to take over the world for some dumb unreasonable regret and in the end the Shiney LITTLE CRYSTALS FTW, ZOMG!!! Now we have to get to the poor mapping and the crappy recolored graphics, and most of all....the amzing RTP and crappy ripped graphics from other games that in no way fit into the games atmosphere. And the most horrible of all is probably the ugly "Costume" title screen which is actually just some dumb picture that you got from google image search from typing in Dragon to the search window and wrote the title of your game horribly over it and the resized everything just to fit RMXP.

OKEY!!! now that I have the flaming out of the way...Time for somthing helpfull.
You shouldnt use paranormas the way you do. Land doesnt float in the air magically (in most cases) without a bottom to it. You seem to have it so that they are walking on floating grass 0_0.
Go get Gimp or Paint.net or if you already have one of the two, learn to use them instead of using basic paint functions such as the pencil to draw text over top of dragons. when changing colors on a graphic, don't just change its hue, actually go in a change it by pixels. hope i helped...

Red_blue":ekmu9ws5 said:
Sry but it looks like your not really takeing to well to constructive critisizm. Spelling can be tollerable but it just seems a little lazy when you dont just take a quik trip to google to correct a few words. The story seems like every other 12 year old fantasy worl where some bad guys are looking to take over the world for some dumb unreasonable regret and in the end the Shiney LITTLE CRYSTALS FTW, ZOMG!!! Now we have to get to the poor mapping and the crappy recolored graphics, and most of all....the amzing RTP and crappy ripped graphics from other games that in no way fit into the games atmosphere. And the most horrible of all is probably the ugly "Costume" title screen which is actually just some dumb picture that you got from google image search from typing in Dragon to the search window and wrote the title of your game horribly over it and the resized everything just to fit RMXP.

OKEY!!! now that I have the flaming out of the way...Time for somthing helpfull.
You shouldnt use paranormas the way you do. Land doesnt float in the air magically (in most cases) without a bottom to it. You seem to have it so that they are walking on floating grass 0_0.
Go get Gimp or Paint.net or if you already have one of the two, learn to use them instead of using basic paint functions such as the pencil to draw text over top of dragons. when changing colors on a graphic, don't just change its hue, actually go in a change it by pixels. hope i helped...
You really shouldn't be lecturing on the importance of proper spelling. *coughhypocritecough*

If people don't think hes doing such a good job, why not just let the topic die? It makes much more sense than repeatedly telling him what he's done wrong. He's either going to try and fix it or not. Since he doesn't want to try to improve, just let the topic die instead of beating a dead horse.

Lol. Yes I did miss spell alot...But this is not MY game that i try to devote time to. I am not as careless with a project. I find it pointless to perfect my spelling when all im doing is putting some criticism. But yes you did catch me their for my spelling, one up to you.

Even if its a bad topic it doesnt help to just ignore him. He won't learn anything or gain experience from people ignoring him now will he?

Red_blue":1qlzwty2 said:
Lol. Yes I did miss spell alot...But this is not MY game that i try to devote time to. I am not as careless with a project. I find it pointless to perfect my spelling when all im doing is putting some criticism. But yes you did catch me their for my spelling, one up to you.

Even if its a bad topic it doesnt help to just ignore him. He won't learn anything or gain experience from people ignoring him now will he?
Shoving shit down his throat that everyone else has said already doesn't exactly help him either. He's pretty much telling people hes not going to change it or try to fix it, so just drop it; you didn't even have any new criticism for him.

RPGS

Okey I really will solve this, I´m sorry about mapping, the only thing I can do is to add more things to them

About my grammar, I will solve it and upload Ameth I (1.1) , but don´t expect it tio come very soon, this time I really will fix spelling as good as possible and it may take time :)

Also, I will try to point out what to do next in everywhere ! it´ll be good ! :grin:

RPGS":2uy49shb said:
Okey I really will solve this, I´m sorry about mapping, the only thing I can do is to add more things to them

About my grammar, I will solve it and upload Ameth I (1.1) , but don´t expect it tio come very soon, this time I really will fix spelling as good as possible and it may take time :)

Also, I will try to point out what to do next in everywhere ! it´ll be good ! :grin:

RPGS, ADDING THINGS to your maps WILL NOT make them any better. Visit the MAPPING IMPROVEMENT THREAD that Twin Matrix posted (I forgot on which page) and look at tutorials found here on .org and PRACTICE your mapping.

You've proven that your grammer and spelling needs work, and just double-checking it won't be enough. Try to find someone nice who can write better english then you and have HIM help you. Post in your thread asking for help or look towards real-life friends (if you have any).

TAKE YOUR TIME. GOOD GAMES take a long time to BECOME GOOD. Also remember you're making this game for US, your GAME-PLAYING PUBLIC, so HEAR what we have to say whether or not it offends you. Maybe even look into other games in Project Discussion and find out why people love those games and not this one.

TRY HARDER then you have been trying and be more OPEN to ANYTHING we have to say. We are mostly HELPING you not hurting you.

Anyways, good luck, kid. (I still think you're 8.)

RPGS

I have a program who translate words to english AND correct sentences and words and grammar, so I have to use that, okey I´ll be more open,

That´s what I haven´t been (cause EXCEPT that I have TAKEN TIME : A HALPH YEAR doing the game)

I will take all tips and update the game, BUT only´ifpeople stop joking about my age, it wastes your time writing such things,

Please also report any bugs (I´ve tested it so I hope there is no bugs :/ )

PM me if there is any bugs or other thing I will CHANGE, but PM me if there is any sidequest or thin that is to "strange" / hard IF you´re playing it :)

Thanks !

RPGS":17bsyaur said:
I have a program who translate words to english AND correct sentences and words and grammar, so I have to use that, okey I´ll be more open,

That´s what I haven´t been (cause EXCEPT that I have TAKEN TIME : A HALPH YEAR doing the game)

I will take all tips and update the game, BUT only´ifpeople stop joking about my age, it wastes your time writing such things,

Please also report any bugs (I´ve tested it so I hope there is no bugs :/ )

PM me if there is any bugs or other thing I will CHANGE, but PM me if there is any sidequest or thin that is to "strange" / hard IF you´re playing it :)

Thanks !

I have yet to see a program that translates senteces correctly... There is nothing better for translating than someone who is fluent in both languages. I would help but I do not know swedish so you better look for someone who does.
And half a year is not really so much time for a game. There are projects in here that have been in developement for some years now. You have to take as much time as you need.
Nobody has said anything about your age for quite some time now... Why are you still blaming us for that?
So please improve a lot. I will give this game a second chance once you updated it.

RPGS

Yes thank you , it is worth a 2nd chance, cause with good (CORRECT OMG !!) spelling and grammar the game is understandeble, but you will have to accept the maps as they are with a few more objects sorry,

and NO , I won´t look for anyone who talks Swedish (but my friend) Cause I think the translator maybe enough, but excpect the uopdated version to come in 1 or 2 month (if I MUST set a timelimit)

Do I need to make a new topic once I have UPDATED (Extraorinary !) the game, or will this not be lost ? :)

Why, o why, do I have to accept the maps as they are? It doesn't hurt to learn some basic mapping skills. It will make your game a whole lot less bad (that sounded strange).

Could you give me an example of what your translator produces? I want to make sure it is working correctly. In my experience those things are just producing crap.

Of course you don't have to set a timelimit. As I said: Take all the time you need.

And this topic will just do fine. Just inform us about an update and it is alright. (maybe you could change the topic title once it is updated...)

RPGS

Allright :) BUT i cannot change the maps as I will lose the events and their position, isn´t that true ?

I will take tutos, but I not sure I will REDO the maps COMPLETLY :)
The Translator is not a crap thing, it is good, but is there any other good "Correction Programs" Out there ?

Would be good to use it,

Also I am redoing my graphic (to better resoulution, ehr)

The Topic will be named "Ameth I : Version 1.1 (BBT)"
Thank you !

Tindy

Sponsor

You can make your maps better without completely fucking up your events and their positions, you know. If you happen to add a pillar somewhere and the event is supposed to walk in a straight line, then just add in a few extra steps to go around it. Or, you can copy and paste your maps into new slots, and yes there won't be events there, but your original map will still be saved (with the events you're so worried about) and you can rework the map without any problems.

The point is, if just about everyone who has posted about your game has complained about your maps, then maybe, just maybe, there is definitely something that seems off to them and you'd be better off actually listening to them.

And just as an experiment....

Precis som ett experiment, jag ska visa dig hur automatisk översättare misslyckas. Jag översätta detta med hjälp av Google Översätt. Bara om allt i denna tråd har haft engelska fel av boatload, men du ständigt ignorera dem till förmån för status i din bristfälliga översättare. Vad översättare är det egentligen? Ge oss ett namn. Dessutom får du hålla ignorera råd av människor som, ja, alla arbetar på sitt eget spel, och medan det ära i stående av din skapelse, men när alla klagar över din kartläggning och engelska, det är verkligen i ditt bästa intresse att på minst lyssna till dem. Allt du säger är "Men det är ett fantastiskt spel! Varför ska kartorna ett problem? Bara spela upp den, det är häftigt!" Och ändå har vi alla sagt, "The story behöver arbete, kartläggning behöver arbete, din engelska behöver arbete," et cetera et cetera. Din inte ger oss några incitament för att spela men du får FÖRGRYMMAD att ingen av oss vill spela det.

Just as an experiment, I'm going to show you how automatic translators fail. I'm translating this using Google Translate. Just about everything in this thread has had English errors by the boatload, but you continually ignore them in favor of standing by your flawed translator. What translator is it, anyway? Give us a name. In addition, you keep ignoring advise by people who, yes, are all working on their own games, and while there is honor in standing by your creation, but when everyone complains about your mapping and English, it's really in your best interests to at least listen to them. All you keep saying is "But it's an awesome game! Why should the maps present a problem? Just play it, it's awesome!" And yet we've all said, "The story needs work, the mapping needs work, your English needs work," et cetera et cetera. Your not giving us any incentives to play and yet you're getting incensed that none of us WANT to play it.
As an experiment, I will show you how automatic translators fail. I translate this using Google Translate. Just about everything in this thread have had English wrong boat load, but you continually ignore them in favor of the status of your poor translator. As a translator, it is really? Give us a name. In addition, you keep ignoring the advice of people who, yes, all working at their own game, and while the honor of standing by your creation, but when everyone complains about your mapping and English, it's really in your best interest to at least listen to them. Everything you say is "But it is a fantastic game! Why should the maps a problem? Just play it, it's awesome!" And yet we have all said, "The story needs work, the mapping needs work, your English needs work," et cetera et cetera. Your not giving us any incentive to play but you may DUDGEON that none of us want to play it.

RPGS

That is translated into Swedish very bad

:X But as I said okay I will update everything, I said it was good, but does that mean that I won´t work on it MORE ? I haven´t said that, but be prepeared to wait foer it then : It´ll take a while, and also Iwill dissapoint most of you by saying that I won´t ( WILL CHANGE MAPS) maps, I will change them better BUT not that they interrupt the events

0_o I have forgotten the name of the translator, but I will need a new better one and that´s why I haven´t used them !

I WILL ,I WILL

Hi, I've moved this to Completed Games since apparently this is finished? You don't need a Project Discussion thread AND a thread here. Please include any information which was in the thread I locked in this one. Thanks.

I like the Title screen much better now. But i still dought its custom made so fill free to use my title background considering my story is still in develpment and i dont plan to get to the game itself for a while.

Burned_writing.png

And yes, that is 100% custom made. if you need help with custom charsets, then i might be able to help. I'de rather help you than to give you advise that people ahve already given you.

RPGS

I have noticed there is a bug im Sith Gardens, it is fixed now (6/2)

so you don´t get stuck in the gate :barf:

RPGS

(UPDATE) The Network Tileset looks better now

No screenshot availible sorry

UPDATE (12/2). Relationship added to each characters, and all member of MaqaBar Faction, and The History of World Government. Added each Judge (I-XXXV) in House of Order to World Government history.

EDIT : UPDATE (18/2 - 09) : Secret ending written, soon I will make The Secret Ending in project and how to unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.