Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Active Dimension Battle

ACTIVE DIMENSION BATTLE - FFXII BATTLE SYSTEM
Version: 1.0

:| ATTENTION THIS SCRIPT IS NOT IN MY AUTHORITY, THE TRUE AUTHOR
It RENAN TSUNEO HANGAI JUNIOR.

Introduction

Active Dimension Battle: This is one of the most battle system Sought by users of RPG Maker XP, for the simple fact that Be very complex and above all, fun. A Systems like this can be found in the game FINAL FANTASY XI (PC/PS2), but it became popular with the arrival of FINAL FANTASY XII (PS2), and with it came some changes that The left most attractive. Basically this is an ABS + SBABS = ADB, with this system of battle you control the character Main and the other characters are controlled through Pre commands defined by the user, this function is called GAMBIT (incomplete version of this script). This system account Also with some ADD-ONs, which serve to make what is already Good even better. Below follows all the scripts for You can enjoy this beautiful system of battle and some Add-ons to make your game more like the game FINAL FANTASY XII of the powerful SQUARE - ENIX. :)

Features

- Attack The long - distance attack
- Skills
- Items
- Exchange of Target (Hero and Enemy)
- Animation in attack
- Mist Knacks
- Espers
- Battle Active and Passive
- Party
- Menu
- Etc.

Screenshots

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8033/adbss2lf7.th.jpg[/IMG]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6921/adbss3zr0.th.jpg[/IMG]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5083/adbss1yt6.th.jpg[/IMG]

Demo

DOWNLOAD LINK

MIRROR

Script

Because this script is very complex, you should download the demo that contains all the scripts necessary for the operation of the system and it comes with some resources used in DEMO ;) . The file Folders.dll comes along with the demo.

Instructions

This demo is a Tutorial that teaches the functions of this script.

About configuration, see the comments in the script.

You need the file Folders.dll in the main folder of your project (It comes with the demo)

Keys:

Buttons - Away of Fraud:
X - Change the key = A Hero
A - appears in the menu button Z = Fraud

Buttons - Main Menu - Fraud:
R, Y - Up, Down Keys = W, S
X, Z - Change the Menu of Hero = Keys A, D
A - Cancels the menu - Fraud = Z button
B - Cancels the Menu button - Fraud = X
C - confirms the selection button = C

Buttons - Selection of Target

X, Z - Change between Allied / Enemy = Keys A, D

Compatibility

This system rewrites many other scripts :( , and also not yet had time to test the compatibility of it, but it is not compatible with SDK and with few other scripts.

Credits and Thanks

Renan Tsuno Hangai Junior - The Author.
AMY Productions - Editing of some resources.
Bennamy - Translation, Comments and Issues.

Terms and Conditions

I am not the author of this script, but it is free for use in non-commercial projects, is only the required credits. :D

IN MY OPINION IS ONE OF THE BEST, PENALTY THAT IS NOT SUPPORT SDK. THANKS FOR ATTENTION AND ENJOY.

I'm getting an error, undefined method skill_effect? (line 694 of ADB - Full System)

Code:
    for t in targets
      next if t.nil?
      t.battler.skill_effect(self.battler, skill)
      if t.enemy?
        t.agressivity = 1
      end
      t.setup_damage
      t.animation_id = skill.animation2_id if all_animation
    end

Mainly seems to happen if I activate the menu while a skill effect is playing. Not such a big deal, though.

Judging by the screenshot, it's quite... Intriguing.
Due to College's Network, I cannot access the file download, so if you would please to upload to savefile. (Thanks)

I cannot say my opinions just yet, but it's looking quite promising, but on the coding parts. I hope it's well coded.

~ GoodBoo

@Kuri$u - Now hosted on savefile.com. First edited post. :thumb:

@Prexus - Yes, seems to be from time to time, I will try to repair.

Thanks All! :D

Taylor

Sponsor

I've never played FFXII so trying out this battle system was confusing. One thing that acted oldly was that I went to fight the boss by myself (I was trying to defeat enemies without my allies killing them first), I was killed by the boss, so I opened the menu to bring out some more allies, who appeared at the cave-room entrance and froze.

Should I be able to bring out new allies when the battle party is defeated?

This script is amazing, can't wait for 100% complete. Hope to see it in a game in the future. 8-)

Is this script complete enough to use in a game?

Awsome script one question though how do you attack? Also when I continue with more than one ally I get a no method error on this line 
if @character.hp_bar_refresh
      @hp_bar.force_refresh
      @character.hp_bar_refresh = false
    end

hah hah!  finally, I was waiting for this battle system ever since FFXII came out!  I'm so happy!  But before I download I will wait a little longer until the gambit system has been perfected.

In theory it's cool, but you shouldn't Set it up as if the keyboard counts as a Pad w Analog nub and D pad. That controll scheme is wierd and kinda hard to do.. Just give the arrows multi functions. Especialy since u have it set to a Wait mode where action freezes when u open the battle menu anyways
>>

regi

Sponsor

Yeah, there's really no need to use both WASD and the arrow keys. Although I like the diagonal movement system if you hold two arrow keys down (Up-left, right-down, etc). It's also way too easy, but that's probably just the demo :p Also, it'd probably be good to use a 3-person party since you're only allowed to have 3 people outside fighting anyway.

This thing is awesome, and I'm definitely gonna use it... but... I get an error on line 20 of Game_Enemy, when I try to make an enemy. The error is:

"Script 'Game_enemy' line 22: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'enemy_id' for nil:NilClass."

And the enemy event is setup is as follows:

Page 1:
@> Comment: enemy 7
@> Comment: vista 10

Page 2:

@> Comment: ss DEAD

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

RTH

ChaosMaxima":y6rz5lsw said:
This thing is awesome, and I'm definitely gonna use it... but... I get an error on line 20 of Game_Enemy, when I try to make an enemy. The error is:

"Script 'Game_enemy' line 22: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'enemy_id' for nil:NilClass."

And the enemy event is setup is as follows:

Page 1:
@> Comment: enemy 7
@> Comment: vista 10

Page 2:

@> Comment: ss DEAD

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hey, i 've made another thread for this script. I think this one is old.
The updated link.
The new one has many other functions.

and:

benilton":y6rz5lsw said:
You need the file Folders.dll in the main folder of your project (It comes with the demo)

In fact, you don't, the script itself creates it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.