Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Action Game Maker - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
World famous boxer RPG Maker XP is up in the match against Action Game Maker, the new rival in town. *ding ding ding* the fight begins! :box:

Ok, umm I have like this killer question that I need help in deciding: First of all, I researched and Action Game Maker is going to be $108 ($113 w/ tax)! I can't afford that much you know.

Anyway, it seems that Action Game Maker has everything cartoonish and no realisticness, like RMXP. I want to make a game like Secret of Mana, bot Zelda or Final Fantasy 2! I just hope Action Game Maker can do that. I also like that it can make platform and shoot-em-ups, but like I said, it looks like they're 'degrading' the RPG side into a cartoony version. Though obviously it's easier to make the graphics for a cartoon game, not many gamers would prefer that style. So should I go for Action Game Maker, or not? :huh:

Please post your thoughts, hopes, and criticisms for Action Game Maker here! Thank-you.

Kav

Sponsor

Um.. cartooniness is not inherent to any engine. Just because a program has cartoony demo games doesn't mean they HAVE to be cartoony. You can MAKE GRAPHICS YOURSELF (GASP!) just like with RMXP.

Oh yeah.... lol I'm nuts.

Here's an example of cartooninessnessnessness...

Watch and learn as Master Ludichris1 makes his first LUDICROUS pixel picture... EVER...
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=2zmzdyjjhwt&thumb=4

Viola! The ugliest grass picture ever! :haha:

And now, Master Ludichris1 will show you a way to make it even UGLIER!
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=imnbuxg5y1o&thumb=4

Na na na na! Thanks you folks for watching today's show, LAME PIXEL ART! Tune in next time to watch the sequel: LAME PIXEL ART: THE GRASSY REVENGE!! :biggrin:

please comment/criticize it lol

NOTE: I am not saying cell-shading is lame, I'm just saying that I suck at pixeling and that it doesn't look REAL cool cause it's not REALISTIC enough.
EDIT: Dang why did the pictures not worK!? Never mind I'll replace the pictures with links :mad:

Cruelty":8i339elb said:
wtf you can make your own graphics :shock:
Well I see TONS of people that use the RMXP graphics and make or download a few others. Even Quintessence - Blighted Venom uses a lot of RMXP graphics! So I am just assuming that Action Game Maker is going to have cartoony graphics TO COME WITH.

Even then, you should be able to just copy over RMXP tiles and characters so you can use them in action game maker. But... why? I thought they were overused enough as is.

kasierrtpky0.png

SO REALISTIC.

Well then, Shameless plug time:
http://tilesettutorial.wordpress.com/page/7/

Which you could also get to by clicking on my sig, but that link is more direct. I have tutorials there on RM2k3 style, RMXP, RMVX, side scroller stuff, and more. Sorry for it not being categorized yet, I'm working on that. If you don't like mine, then I have links on the side to a number of sites which could be very helpful. Also, there's pixel programs too if you'd like to try one. I don't think anyone starts out by being good at it, it takes some practice. That and take a look at some graphics that have the type of style you'd like, and use it as a reference.

Also, you could always go to the resources section here and ask for help on something, or try pixel joint or pixelation forums if you need feedback on something.

Hi kids,
We actually already have an AGM Discussion thread already, which a simple search would have revealed. Just click here for that one. This one is poorly formulated, remember - good topics are ones with information about the subject at hand so people can learn as well as discuss.

Locking this one.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.