Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A little romance by Liq

Bicycle

On an early morning near summer, I and my friends were going cycling in the fields as usual. We where cycling for about an hour and a half when I catch a glimpse of a girl near my age looking at us from above the fields. When I walked towards her, she got taken by a guy in a suit. Why?

3 days later.

It was another beautiful, clear summer day. And yet I can’t seem to spot that girl.
Or perhaps... Wait! There, near the road! Is that her? I’ll try and sneak up to her.
Doing so, I gained some ground. When I got closer I could see her lovely smile. Was she enjoying just watching us play?
I got even closer. Her blonde hair reflected the sun like if I was looking at an angel. I stood next to her and asked: “You could join us if you like.” She was spooked to see me standing next to her. She looked around like she was searching for something or someone... Then she calmed down. I started explaining what I was doing. That I spotted her, standing up here before, and that she looked so happy just by looking at us. She remained silent, just looking at my friends while I told her my story.
I thought she forgot about my question so I asked again: “If you’d like, you could join us...” She replied rather quiet: “But how? I don’t even know you...” “I’m Sean. And with that out of the...” She cut me off. “And that is supposed to help?! Besides, I don’t even have a bike, let alone the ability to ride one...” She had a hint of sadness in her face when she said that. “Well, we have a spare bike. You could borrow it if you like.” She remained silent. “Why don’t you come back here tomorrow? I’ll bring it with me and I’ll teach you to ride it. It’s not that hard, I promise.”
I could see her think. She looked around once, looked at the ground and than lifted her head to speak to me. “Sure, why not. Then I will see you tomorrow Sean.” She turned her back and started walking away. Not only did I speak to her, but now I know her... Wait. “What’s your name again?!” Without turning around, she replied: “It’s Suzie!” Not a second later the man in the suit appeared and helped her get into the car, followed by her driving towards town.

*will add part 2 tomorrow*

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.