Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[9MM] Family Ties

http://www.gpp-9mm.com/projectft/images/mobsters.png[/img]

Do you want to help?
I could use some voice actors. Post or PM for information on obtaining a position.

"This city is a cold heatless concrete jungle. Any dumbass who spends their life nine-to-fiving here was broke and stayed that way. Only the hustlers lived it up. They controlled everything. The underworld, the cops, shopping centers, fast food; everything. How? Simple, everything could be bought.

There were two kinds of people in this city: people who had money and people who wanted it. The people who had it bought the people who wanted it. There was no "middle class" you were either banking or not. The people who had money gained respect. With respect came power. With power came greed.

No one power can stay a power eternally. There's always someone bigger. When the time comes, the crown will be relocated. The cycle never ends. In the depths of my mind...I knew the crown was nearing my head...

http://www.gpp-9mm.com/projectft/images/ch-leo.png[/img]
Leo Fezziano
---One of the few remaining members of the Fezziano family. Only he and his mother remain. Leo has one dream and one dream only...to rule it all.

http://www.gpp-9mm.com/projectft/images/ch-emil.png[/img]
Emilio Moretti
---Definition of a hustler. He runs a diner where he not only fattens up his customers, but fattens his wallet as well. He works with "The Don."

http://www.gpp-9mm.com/projectft/images/ch-den.png[/img]
DeNario Salvatore(Lucky 7)
---He's been shot seven times, pinched seven times, and came back all seven times. He's a close friend of "The Don." He's one of the few "Bosses" around the city.

---Gangs---
~The Don's Family
Rule by the one they call "The Don," TDF has been a growing movement in the city. They are hard hustlers and even harder gang bangers. They are a small group, but regardless of their numbers they've done damage equal and maybe even greater than that of any of the bigger gangs.

~The Carnaege Family
Controlled by Lucious Carnaege, this group of once small time smugglers have grown to be a popular people's gang. They are big on making money, but when it comes to fire power they are lacking in bravery. They've have multiple accounts of being pinch, and the have a list of "rats" about as long as Queen's Bridge.

~The Matriarch
This once underground gang, has become the most notorious in the city. They are respected and feared by all. Little is known about their activity, but with their trademark kill methods, they've earned privacy which no one dares to interrupt.

The game is a semi-playable story basically. There is no battle system. There are parts where you will have free movement and interactions, but a majority of the game will revolve around decision making. There will probably be a few multiple endings.

The expected gameplay is going to be around an hour or so.

---Graphics---
Enterbrain
J-Street
"Unknown Artist"
Zanyzora

---Scripts---
Near Fantastica
Slipknot
SDK Staff

---Music---
J-Street

---Voice Acting---
J-Street
Nocturne

NOTE:
If you see your work and need to be credit please say so.

This is just a side project to keep my mojo flowing while I'm working on graphics for another project. Please feel free to CC as needed. Thank you for your attention. If you have any questions regarding this project please direct them to me.

A lot of work in this project is half assed for the sake of getting the project completed. So you will probably see multiple graphic errors.

Currently the teaser is availible for download. NOTE:
-Voice Actings were rushed, and we were experiencing audio difficulties.
-Everything could be subject to change in finally version.

1) ~The Family Ties Teaser~

Hmm... very interesting J... I'm not too keen on a mafia-esque theme for a game, but you could make it work... I wanna' see a demo soon maaan.

Hehe, it's looking nice J. The Voice Acting was pretty good as well. Keep it up. :)

Haha, you bastard. You actually did add the bloopers in the end. I hate you =P

Looks pretty sweet. The only problem I am having is I keep thinking of the 80's show Family Ties..haha.. =D

Is Alex in this game? :lol:

Lol, nice work with that despain :P

I personally really love the idea of a mafia type game and the fact that it will be purely more based on story rather then battles it intrigues me even more, currently am downloading the teaser. Will get back to you with more once i have seen it :D

That was pretty nice. I like the mobster style stuff. The only real complaint was the difference between the two voice overs. They were both good but one was alot better recording then the other. I think this would be a real cool project. Especially if it's only about one hour long. Good luck on this. I wait for a longer demo to be finished or the full game.

Thanks for the comments and spam. I'm aware of the quality differences, and that something I'm going to TRY to remedy. I could probably use more voice actors, although I'm not sure of whether or not I'm going to voice the entire important cast or just voice our three main heros.

Anyway once I get some spriting out of the way I'll get right back to the story.

Haha, I never would have connected the mob to RTP style graphics, but it's actually kind of cool. And after all it's J so it's bound to be interesting. ;) Downloading the teaser now. Hope to see more soon.

I go on holiday, and J-Street starts a new project. Who let him do this?
You should keep an eye on it. Bah...

It reminds me the old classic movies of mob...
It can turn out a good game, or better, a movie-like or story-like game.

[What happened to WHITE???]

J, you know that if you ever need something, I'm here.
I can do voice acting for you, but my voice isn't the best.

~Downloading Teaser~

@Euphony I'm working with graphics in a different way. I'm just improvising where I see needed.

@Rodrix
Niether me nor Near Fantastica could work out some of the bugs I revealed in White's ABS, so I scrapped it. I still have the files for it in case I decide to code an ABS myself.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.