Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

7 Casting Effects for your enjoyment

I'm sure you've heard it a bajillion times already, but these are very, very excellent. ^^ Animations aren't as frequent around here as sprites/tiles, but you few members who do them always seem to pull them off beautifully. Thanks for posting these, I know I'll be finding them useful!

EDIT:
To add them to the DL Manager, click "Downloads" at the top of the forum, then the DLM will show up and there'll be a navigation bar. Click "Add" and it'll take you to a page where you can upload them and choose a Category. After you submit, they have to be approved by a Mod first, then they'll be visible to everyone else.

All of your attack and casting animations are great, but any chance we can get status attacks, like poison, stone, etc? The default ones just don't match up to what you have created so far.

LuX

Holy sh*t
WOW!!!
Thats amazing!!!
=O
Maybe someone knows a good tutorials f?r casting effects?
ooooh i love it <3 <3 <3

Rye

Oh, I'm very sad, the download on mega-upload expired! ;.; I looked in the DLM and they aren't there either. :(

But from the gifs, they look very nice.

RM2K3 is pretty bad with particle effects. So for example, it would look something like this if you tried to use it directly. Plus, RM2k3 has a 96x96 size limit for the animations, so for some you'd have to split them up to fit.
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7335/p ... plesk2.png[/IMG]

With a little bit of work, you can remove the darkest edges. I recommend a program like Character Maker which you can easily see/modify the colors in the palette. So while it still may not be perfect, it would at least look better than it was before.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7145 ... le2tj3.png[/IMG]

If you have a black background, though, then you don't really have to worry about that.

Mascarpone;254273":2vwpzour said:
ok I'm curious now why did you upload them to an educational site. lol

Because, for my job at Covina-Valley Unified Public School District, I own and operate that educational site (and five or six other sites on the same server.) :D

You did these perfectly, and I love them! Do we have another great artist to add to the RMXP Hall of Fame? I think so! :D[/FONT]

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.