Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

39dll / Online system

Source:
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?show ... 7&hl=39dll

39dll is a dll file for Game Maker Pro which introduces Windows socket manipulation. Essentially, it is like the Socket class libraries used in RPG Maker for creating online games.

It seems very powerful so far, I haven't had much time to play around with it. Above is a link to a project which is pretty much Netplay for Game Maker - but a lot more basic (which is a good thing, as it means everyone's projects will be different, we're all starting from the ground up!).

Personally I'm hoping to make a game with this even if it's only a small project.

Benefits over Netplay:

- Worked out of the tin with no editting whatsoever
- It's Gamemaker ;) so you don't need to use this for MMORPGS, it could be anything online and multiplayer

I advise reading the page I linked to, it's very useful.

Wow. I don't mean to brag but this system is so easy to understand and implement that I now have a rudamentary version of my game online and working. That's fantastic, so much better than Netplay (no offence to the makers of Netplay).

Jason

Awesome Bro

Are you talking about with Game Maker as a whole there, cause there's literally shit tons I'd LOVE to know how to do with it, but I can't be arsed finding out myself... and I only have the free version anyway, haven't gotten round to paying for it, lol.

Note: Apparently arsed isn't a real word.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Well the tutorial seems pretty easy to follow, although I'm not doing it as of yet, lol.

Maybe if I've got a lot of spare time in the future, I'll go on a GM Tutorial spree, and learn enough to make a decent game.

I mean, the one I've put on hold (The one I entered into the competition), would, in theory, work alot better if it were made in Game Maker, it's just that I'm more familiar with RMXP and know it can be made, but it also has more limitations.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.