Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[30/30] Bacon

Tuna and I are combining forces to make a platformer in Ruby. Im doing the art and he is doing the code. Hopefully.

Main Goal(s)
  • Finish the first tileset.
Sub-goal(s)
  • [*]Create palette.
  • Finish all the base platforms. They are all block shaped.
  • Draw assets and prop pieces. Lamps, trees, shrubbery, etc.
  • Do background(s).

concept22.png

Trying to come up with a general idea. Blocks are from the tileset. I have different variants. Lot wrong with it but its something to work off of. When I get more of the tileset done and some of the props ill make a mockup.

Its hopefully going to turn into a puzzler/platformer. The gimmick is that you can move blocks around parts of the map. Still working on the idea a bit.

Managed to finish a sheet. Its only got 13 blocks on it but its progress. Still needs to be cleaned up a little bit.

coolstuff2.png

just put something together real quick. Its not perfect but ill clean it when I get the whole thing done.

I managed to get a significant chunk of the blocks done. Maybe just a few more variations. I have around 28 base blocks. I want to get to around 40.

Got to 36 blocks done. Decided that would be good enough.
I skipped around and worked on the BG a little bit

BG.png

Its still kind of rough. ANY advice would be most appreciated.

bgmockup.png

a mockup

bg2.png

taking forever. The right trees are just a rotated flipped of the other side so I still have to do them. :/
some of the trees look too rocky so I might go over them
help appreciated

also hit my goal
go me

Yes, go you! I love the art style, as I'm biased towards dark themes.

I'll certainly get goosebumps if you guys finish this off into a real game.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.