Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

(Writing)Dying Hope

Danny

Sponsor

How would you feel? Sitting their in the dirt, beside creatures that are the lowest of the low. Rats and such. With nothing but your clouded mind to keep you company. The filth encrusted walls rubbing against you. The wicked darkness concealing the dreadful view, you somehow wish you could see, just to know that its there. I used to have someone, sitting here just as exhausted, sick and grimy looking as I am…., but that time was long gone. I don’t think I’ve stood on my feet for ages. You could easily question my survival in such an environment, but every so often I was lucky. A small edible being would occasionally pass me, if I was lucky enough to hear it I could catch it, and well you can see where I’m going. Nobody likes being alone, and not in such a place as I was, where the shadows cover you and all else. I think I had once almost escaped, but these long tunnels are confusing. They have a mind of their own, and just when you have hope, it reveals a false end; shredding the last of your courage and strength. It kills your hope. It was no place to be. Nothing fit to be a home. Yet I live there. I had accepted my fate, came to terms with my situation. Began to live out the remainder of time I have of surviving. Accepted my death…
-

The opening paragraph to a short story I have began to write. We were asked to do this for English class, but to be honest I'm not, I got too carried away with the idea of it, and had fun writing that I don't care if this is for school.

I have the basic plot, and pieces I will insert in it all in my mind. If you didn't figure it out this person is in a cave. As far as I have decided yet, this will be the only characters, and I think the story switches to 3rd person narrative in the following paragraphs.

Feedback is very much welcome.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.