Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

We need an Rp!

Okay Hb games, we don't really need an Rp but i thought if we could get one that doesn't crash land after a few posts it would be pretty good.
So i decided that I would try to make one, but I need your help!
In all seriousness if you guys could help me we might actually get a successful Rp. (no offense to anyone else who tried to make an Rp)
When I get enough Ideas I'll try to throw something together.
So i need Places, plot-lines, characters, timelines, just anything you'd want to see/happen/do in it.

So you give your ideas and i'll give mine and we can discuss what's good and what's not and we might actually get an Rp out of it.

Spoo

Sponsor

The key here, as I've previously mentioned in other topics, is to keep things rolling. Altus's problem was its slow beginning. Ven's zombie RP worked out great because action was present almost immediately. Whatever we make, start off the RP with a bang (or get to the action very quickly) so that appeal will be held through the slower moments.

S'far as ideas go, I've pondered a sort of gritty gang vs. gang RP. Basically, it's two groups trying constantly to wipe the other out. You could even make it multiple gangs fighting. Fragile alliances could be formed a la Kane and Lynch.

I definitely agree with RP that anyone can jump into action straight away, instead of having to wait for the introduction phase and the suspense to be built before moving on. Even better if anyone, not just the game master, can do something else instead in case there isn't enough input from others. A RP can crash land easily if we hit a dead lock (waiting for the others to do their thing before you continue).

I personally enjoy more of a medieval/steampunk fantasy theme instead of modern/sci-fi theme, but I'll open to anything that allows our individual creativity.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.