Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Visions & Voices

Visions & Voices

ajqb68.jpg

They said I'd die. They said I'd die and go to heaven.
But no - that was not enough for me. I didn't want to die. I wanted to live.
In my fear of death, I lost sight of myself and everything I held dear. I made the wrong choice and everyone but me paid the price. But now, with all the things I have learned...I would make things right again. I would correct my mistake and return everything to the way it was before. Dear God...I no longer expect to enter heaven's pearly gates. But please, let me ask for one last favor, one final prayer, if You will.

Ten days, God. Let my body hold out for just ten more days, so I can redeem myself...

Visions & Voices is an exploration-based RPG set in the Montfort village. One man, the Wanderer, has decided to brave the village and figure out what is going on - why the people are vanishing, and why those who don't are going insane.

The version to be released before the end September is an overhaul of the original release three months prior. While the first version of Visions & Voices was created in three weeks' time, the game has been revisited for an extreme overhaul of the aspect system, progression, story layout and difficulty/balance. New content has been added as well - just in case the superbosses aren't enough, there are several new 'uberbosses' hidden in new dungeons.

Enter the village, if you dare - but who are you do stop the apotheosis of a madman?

Features
-Five to ten hours of exploration-based gameplay
-Recruitable allies to find unique skills for
-Fast active-time battles with a unique personality aspect system for stats
-A dark setting with a story told out in a nontraditional manner
-Difficulty settings and the ability to customize the Wanderer - and even play solo
-Many unique weapons and other pieces of equipment to find, steal and kill for
-Talk to your allies with new conversations every day
-Five distinct endings and intelligent interaction that recognizes your accomplishments

P.S. Full credits are found within the in-game help menu, but a quick shout-out to Mac (tiles/characters), milano_cat (monsters), Danny Schneidemesser (final boss track) and Enu/Mr. Bubble (battle system and translation) is due.

ekiwdv.jpg
289bqiw.jpg

o8dik5.jpg
w9gn4o.jpg

http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/1212/
DOWNLOAD VISIONS & VOICES

Sounds intresting, DLing now.

EDIT: It says RPGVX RTP is not found when I try to run the game. Im on a new computer so that might be it, Anyone know whats wrong?

Looks Good : ) But Im Busy Now With My Project, But Keep Going...Maybe You Can Make Visions & Voices 2 Advetures Continue :D Or Nightmares & ????? :F

Something Like That

Eziekieal":3ae3rfuk said:
Sounds intresting, DLing now.

EDIT: It says RPGVX RTP is not found when I try to run the game. Im on a new computer so that might be it, Anyone know whats wrong?

Sorry about this. The game runs without the RTP, but you have to delete the line "RTP=RPGVX" in the Game.ini file.

Thanks y'all for trying the game!

im only 10 minuts into this game and its got allready and amazing storyline, it really captures the effects of what the character is feeling, i was reading what he was saying and i got the goosebumps, he was saying something about not wanting to die he wanted 2 more weeks man, keep up the good work this is an excellent game, awesome cut scene man

This game is good, dude. It's got great design, and some good character direction. This may be the only RM game I actually want to beat. Good job! :thumb:

This game is pretty awesome man.

The characterisation really well done, i think your dialogue's really strong too.
I was a bit flummoxed by the battle system but once you get used to it it's actually quite cool, original if anything.

Got a small script error on my first run though.. :(

Tried to equip the second longbow i received to Telia and i got this:

Script 'KGC_ExtendedEquipScene' line 559: NoMethodError occurred
Unidentified method 'active' for nil:NilClass

Maybe just a one off but just to let you know.
Keep up the good work!

A complete overhaul of this game is being performed. A different stat system, a new form of battle-based progression and a few new dungeons will be completed sometime within the next few weeks. Keep your eye out for a new and improved (and much more balanced!) Visions & Voices!

Monster difficulty is going to change in quite the dramatic way, especially due to the new stat system - instead of 0-200 for stats, characters begin with an array of 15/13/10/10/8. If your Brawn is 13 and you're using a melee weapon with PHYS value 5, you are going to do 18 base damage because 13 + 5 = 18! Now, isn't that clever! The enemy will then subtract half of the same stat for defense against physical attacks, or simply 5 (half of 10, which is the 'neutral' number) for magic attacks.

WHY DID I NOT DO THIS BEFORE

If any of you who have played this version have found something broken, odd or otherwise unpleasant, let me know in this topic.

Crazetex":30kmrzq7 said:
A complete overhaul of this game is being performed. A different stat system, a new form of battle-based progression and a few new dungeons will be completed sometime within the next few weeks. Keep your eye out for a new and improved (and much more balanced!) Visions & Voices!

Monster difficulty is going to change in quite the dramatic way, especially due to the new stat system - instead of 0-200 for stats, characters begin with an array of 15/13/10/10/8. If your Brawn is 13 and you're using a melee weapon with PHYS value 5, you are going to do 18 base damage because 13 + 5 = 18! Now, isn't that clever! The enemy will then subtract half of the same stat for defense against physical attacks, or simply 5 (half of 10, which is the 'neutral' number) for magic attacks.

WHY DID I NOT DO THIS BEFORE

If any of you who have played this version have found something broken, odd or otherwise unpleasant, let me know in this topic.

I just wanted to say that this is progressing extremely well. Almost everything is implemented for the idea of newfound balance, and I've been testing stuff out. Karsuman is writing some more dialogue for the additions and soon I'll be mapping out some more areas as well as adding new items to find.

If you hang out in RMN's IRC channel (irc.dynastynet.net; #rpgmaker.net) you'll most likely be around when we release the pre-re-release version of the game for testing. Even though Karsuman and I will finish the Overhaul fairly soon, WIP is doing some awesome stuff with us to spearhead new functionality for the RMN gamepage system. When that's done, the V&V Overhaul will be released to the public.

I know I'm excited. One of the best RM* games is going to be done with less than two months total development time - that's pretty crazy.

Addendum to this post since it has been several days in the making due to the site being down: balancing is, for better or for worse, done. Right now Karsuman is working on adding some new interaction between party members and I'm mapping a few new dungeons. The game has been re-completed now - we're just taking the time to polish it to a shine before the re-release. Re-re-re-re-re.

Pre-pre-re-release testing went extraordinarily well. The game is now officially REBALANCED! Skills are much more useful, bosses are tough, the final fight is epic as can be and flow of the game has been improved via the ripple effect. Many other changes are in place too - more direction has been added to the game and the main story exploration streamlined.

Right now, Karsuman and I are working on new content (ONLY, finally). We're adding some quests/secondary goals to the game to help people new to the exploration/non-linear RPG genre find stuff to do, including a fish hunt and a way to summon even greater power in the final boss (bragging rights, yay!). Oh that's right, BRAGGING. I've been helping WIP with RMN Achievements - VX games will connect to the RMN server as you play and update your progress in collecting achievements. Doing so will increase your Makerscore, in turn giving you more lockerspace (free webspace).

Progress is going extremely well. The fully re-realized Visions & Voices will be available in a week or two, depending on how long it takes to finalize achievements. It's going smoothly, though - again, I can't wait.

New screenshots:
VV_Screen06.jpg

VV_Screen05.jpg

Played a bit with this game. And I'm impresssed with how much thought put into the story-line, the mystery itself leaves the player speechless.
I'm looking forward to the full intallment of this edition, cause there's true passion in this games development.

The mapping is nicely done, for adding the different season changes within the time-line.
I admire how much time, was put into the detail into this game. It's eerie feeling while playing it.
I still wasn't able to reach a certain point in the game.. The fighting it difficult..even on easy mode.. ^o^;;
But it's challenging at the same time. To bad can't stock up a single item into a 100 in storage compacity. ^^;
I have enjoyed playing this game, cause it leaves me wanting to see it to the end. And to solve the mystery, within the odd events of this village.
~~~
But I have to mention a glitch in the game..
While playing the game there's two alternatives in meeting a particular person.. Ox he farmer.
If one chooses to talk to him before looking for Lyla, he gets to join your group. Then after meeting Lyla everything seems fine...until you visit the farm again.
There's (alter-versions) cut scenes: If you get Lyla *first* before going see the farmer Ox, the game will run smoothly..However I choose a path having Ox part of the team first, before saving Lyla. ~___~;
This concludes a dillemma, cause after you get Lyla to join (while you have Ox already part of the team)..Go back to the farm area, and notice the glitch.
There it plays the alterative version where (you would have Lyla *first* as part of the team, and it plays out to get Ox to be part of your team)...
But if you have Ox part of your team, it still plays out...and the part of concern is that.. all of the items and weapons that was given to him...~disappears~.. including his new abilities he accessed in the game while he was with the group before getting Lyla. ^^;;

I think this glitch should be fixed.. Cause what if I wanted Ox part of the team, before saving Lyla from the mirror universe.
Cause the interation between the players seemed more calmer...if I have Ox with the group before meeting Lyla.
Cause it allows her to trust the other team players while being saved.
~~~~~

Karsuman and Craze your work is remarkable in this game. I hope your doing well, and for you to take care.

Have yourselves a lovely week.

Blackiris

I've only played a little bit so far (I got to the inn where you can save and that's it). Atmospherically this is one of the best RM games I've ever seen. Exploration feels rewarding and there's a real sense of mystery to the whole setting. Having wandering enemies within the town is an interesting twist on what we're used to and it's part of what makes exploring feel so interesting. Two minor, minor issues though: It is way too long before you find a place you can save without wasting a scroll (or at least it can be if you don't know where the inn is. There should maybe be some kind of indicator that "you should head in that direction first, that's where you save", or if there was already it should be clearer; but be sure it actually carries the implication that that's where to go to save because normally most RPG players probably make a point of exploring everything else before they'll advance the plot and thus won't go there first anyways). Second, the game seems to be far more fond of handing out ornate keys than simple keys (this was probably the RNG's fault, but I'd check your find rates anyways), meaning that especially if the player initially assumes that it's the ornate locks that are worth picking with Telia there's a very good chance that they'll run out or low on simple keys before ornate keys and thus find "simple" locks more of an obstacle than ornate ones. This'll probably become a non-issue if there turns out to be a shop somewhere in the game; I haven't gotten far yet, after all.

Oh wow, thanks for the sudden succession of posts.

BlackIris: That glitch was identified and taken care of already. Thank you for breaking our game, though - that's the only way it can improve. As for difficulty, that has been amazingly overhauled. You'll notice a huge difference in progression in the Overhaul.

Brickman: <Telia> Let's go to the inn. <Sign> Elena sells food at the inn! <Sign> The inn is to the west! <Sign> Welcome to the inn! Come stay! <Player> I think I'll go to the east.
(I feel no pity)

As for Ornate Keys, that came up in testing as well. I've replaced a lot of the mirror world chests that give out keys with other stuff. Keys are now random unlocked chest/enemy drops only (at least, much more now than before). You can also buy typical keys from Alphonse, but not ornate ones.

Thanks again for playing guys, and I truly hope that you'll download the Overhaul when it's released sometime this month. The game itself is complete; karsuman and I are just adding new dungeons and skits to the game as WIP and I finalize RMN achievements.

Hi there... ^^

Glad to hear about that the glitches has been fixed.. ^O^

About the *typical keys* I've noticed fighting certain creatures dropped those type of keys. And since I'm a game item collector, I fought a few and some times & went to the ~Swamp witch~.
Didn't notice her existence (until I re-played the game again the second time), and noticed the swamps area better.
Personally I like stocking up on items, before heading off into the next chapter of the story.
The swamp witch changed my life..literally. ^^
I like seeking the areas of the game, and then try to do a better play next time around. Cause I died a lot in the firt try. ~__~ *sigh*..That's why I know this game is challenging.
It has it's series moments, as well as some things added that makes you laugh.

Thanks again Craze, for posting the progress about of the final version of the game.
Looking forward to both your hard works.

Later then, and take care..

BlackIris

Hey, I think I found a bug in the plot. When I rested at the inn and day two came, there was a merchant out front. I talked to him, glanced at his goods and didn't want any, and used the talk option. I then glanced at his goods again, checking the sell price on my items, and this time when I closed the shop menu, he started talking about how I'd recovered some forged documents he wanted and offered to join the party as thanks. When I went inside the bar and chatted with him some more, the conversation seemed to imply that the Wanderer had caught him red-handed at something or other and they were rivals, or something like that ("You could have run", etc). I think a flag managed to get tripped by accident or something because the plot is all out of alignment.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.