Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

VE's Vodka Curry Ideas Factory

Just wanted a post that I can dump all my ideas for plotlines and characters for various different things down, to get some opinions and feedback.

Most of this stuff probably won't be used in the form you see it, I just want to get an idea of what people think works and what doesn't. Anywhoo, let's get this Vodka Curry cooking. (I know it should be a stew/soup/hotpot, but damn it I just love curry!:P )

So, first things first, let's talk about my baby... Fear of Life. Since I last told anyone about FoL it's changed drastically, so basically... forget what you've heard.
- Fear of Life is a modern, horror with some sci-fi elements. The main character is a woman named Morgan Macaan. Not much is known about this mysterious woman, at least not much that can be proven. Rumour has it that she was born and raised in the UK, in a city called Canave, a city that was almost completely destroyed some thirteen years ago. No one knows exactly when Morgan first showed up in America, but she started to make a name for herself eight years ago, when she almost single handedly tracked down a serial killer who had been evading the authorities for months. This dazzling feat caught the eye of both the government and the media. Rumours ran wild about the womans almost psychic abilities, and after working several other serial killer cases for the FBI, she earned the nickname "The Grim Queen" as some believed she had the ability to speak with the dead.

Three years ago, after several bombings all across the United States, Morgan Macaan was called in to help locate the terrorists responsible. No one could have forseen the tragedy that lead to over 150 hostages being killed. After the incident, Morgan Macaan stopped working for the government and became a recluse.

Now for the meat of the story... Somewhere in the United States, in a top secret research facility, the worlds greatest minds are working on something that could change the face of war forever. Her name, is Omega. An experiment into gene manipulation led to the birth of a near perfect organism, capable of generating unimaginable levels of cell energy. The name of the process of gene manipulation responsible for Omega's creation is "Genetic Haemo-demonics". Further research showed that Omega also had intense telekinetic and telepathic abilities, and could even alter the genetic structure of other organisms at will. These organisms were less advanced versions of herself and were often left hideously mutated, but incredibly strong.

The researchers, however where devestated. The original goal of Genetic Haemo-demonics was to cure various genetic diseases. Instead, they had created monsters. The decision was made to dispose of Omega and her creations (Nick-named Gen-Demons). However, they had greatly underestimated the telekinetic abilities of Omega, who broke free of her titanium prison with ease, and escaped the facility. Six days have passed and no one has any idea where Omega is. The most advanced weapon the world has ever seen is missing. What's worse is that this weapon, has a mind of it's own.

Anyways, this is all I can type up for now, bout to be kicked off the PC but I'll be back tomorrow with details of a little survival horror project idea I'm calling "Air". Any comments greatly appreciated.:D

Hmmm...I kinda miss the original idea/story to FoL you had before. It was original, slightly edgy, and really interesting (But I relaize why you changed it after our talks so many months ago...lol)

THis one has your flair, which is a really good thing...but it seems slightly cookie-cutter'ish. Why? Well, Secret Government research, escaped perfect being that can destory at will...seems a lot like Parasite Eve on a few levels.

HOWEVER, knowing you, this is just a basic skeletal outline of ideas thatw ere floating around for you (I do that all the time as well) and I generally like the concept. Sure, I think a few things could be changed, such as the backstory being a little more concise and less general (World Famous Criminologist loses a 'few' lives in a situation, recluses until the world needs them again).

I do like the idea of Omega and the Gen-Demons....It is a lot like Parasite Eve, but different enough to make me genuinely interested in it and wanting to see where it goes.

Still, even with the somewhat 'unoriginal' bits...this is a very solid and well written outline. Very good Val

And you know you've forever got my pen at your call if you need any help with anything.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.